My wife came up to me (of course when she found out the tax refund check is coming!) and asked me what are my plans for the summer. At first, I looked at her and asked, "What do you mean?" She responded, "You mentioned that you wanted to take a couple of training classes for work this summer. Have you looked into them?" Boy..I have a great wife! My department falls flat on their face regarding this issue. I have been telling my guys at work that they have to go out on their own and get all they can get. When I hear some guys talk about whats equipment is out there, I tell them that training with what they have is just as important (I consider it more). We are not ERT and don't pretend to be. When ERT get there - we've already been in the fight and we need to be ready. My Dept has an active shooter program but once you take it..that's it. There is no "requal."

Anyone here planning to take any training classes this summer? I'm planning to take at least one carbine/pistol class this year although I don't know which one just yet. I live in the DC Metro area and I have two young ones so travel is a little limited.