Downloads
    Uploads

What classes are you planning to take this year?

My wife came up to me (of course when she found out the tax refund check is coming!) and asked me what are my plans for the summer. At first, I looked at her and asked, "What do you mean?" She responded, "You mentioned that you wanted to take a couple of training classes for work this summer. Have you looked into them?" Boy..I have a great wife! My department falls flat on their face regarding this issue. I have been telling my guys at work that they have to go out on their own and get all they can get. When I hear some guys talk about whats equipment is out there, I tell them that training with what they have is just as important (I consider it more). We are not ERT and don't pretend to be. When ERT get there - we've already been in the fight and we need to be ready. My Dept has an active shooter program but once you take it..that's it. There is no "requal."

Anyone here planning to take any training classes this summer? I'm planning to take at least one carbine/pistol class this year although I don't know which one just yet. I live in the DC Metro area and I have two young ones so travel is a little limited.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MDFI- HG1, HG2, Carbine1, Carbine2, Shotgun1&2, Close Contact Shooting, Low Light Pistol/Carbine
    Suarez- Close Range Gunfighting
    Southnarc- ECQC

Yeah, my budget hates summer. Wife hates it to, I always use up the weekends for classes. Several of the MDFI classes are repeats, they are local, so it makes it really easy to spend the money there.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question, and I'm not 100% sure. I've got a few different options that I may hit this year, one will be training with Praetor Defense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been really lucky to have already got a couple of classes this year. I''m Heading to Tigerswan in Fayetteville, NC later this summer for a 3 day combo class. I have taken a few classes from them already. Thats about a 5 -6 hour or so drive from DC. if I remember correctly. Great training from ex unit guys. They work a lot on fundamentals of marksmanship, I highly recommend them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Good question, and I'm not 100% sure. I've got a few different options that I may hit this year, one will be training with Praetor Defense.
    Ive been meaning to call them to get a little more info. Are they based out of Washington State? My sister and her family just moved back to the area from Langley (I THINK) and that is all I know of that area..

Quote Originally Posted by GoCards View Post
    I have been really lucky to have already got a couple of classes this year. I''m Heading to Tigerswan in Fayetteville, NC later this summer for a 3 day combo class. I have taken a few classes from them already. Thats about a 5 -6 hour or so drive from DC. if I remember correctly. Great training from ex unit guys. They work a lot on fundamentals of marksmanship, I highly recommend them.
    I will look them up. Looks like I am going to be spending some time in NC this summer. Looks like Tarheel3gun matches are being held in Haw River, NC. Northern Red has some pistol/carbine gunfighter course in PALMYRA, PA (not too far away from me) and RIchmond. I need to take a closer look at their schedule.

Downloads
    Uploads
    RB1 in a couple weeks... Can't wait to tack some more on.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently covering the Costa Ludus classes here in California. I attended the Night Operations class, having gone through a similar class years ago, this was a rude awaking for many students who had to be quick learners on night tactics. The class highlighted the needs to zero your iron sights, RDS, and scope, don't assume anything. Movements and gear placement are talked about, how quickly we bump into things and blind each other with weapon lights. So if there's one class to go to night operations is one we should conisder.(moving through your house in darkness, hunting wild pigs at night or just walking through a suddenly blackouted shopping mall).

For me an advanced carbine class and shoot house would be great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    look into blackheart international they are pretty good to work with they offer a lot of different classes and treat the average LE really well the owner understands we don't make a lot and department budgets fall short of what they should be. They are located in WV so a short drive from DC.
    their web address is http://www.bhitraining.com/ but you may just want to call I don't know if the schedule is kept up to date.
    Last edited by cbarker777; 17 May 2012 at 18:29.
    "make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he's going to have to beat me to death with it, cause its going to be empty" -Clint Smith-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am signed up for the Costa CE2 in North Carolina in August. I think thats the only one I will be able to afford this year, ammo prices are getting out of control!