Downloads
    Uploads

Review of the A.R.M.S. #71L series, Front and Rear Sights Set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, a nice review as allways.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. And a huge thanks to Quib for the pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the review and pics. I'm sure at that price point they will sell well. Interesting that their front sight mold was that far off and I can only assume that a bunch of folks will experience the same POI problem you did. Glad to hear A.R.M.S. got it resolved.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to post a little update on these sights. Since I purchased the ARMS #71 front and rear set, these have been my primary optics on my LMT Piston AR. I have not had any problems until recently, which is a known issue with the ARMS #71 Rear. When I deploy the sight, the small aperature slightly goes forward with the momentum of the flip. This is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I realize that this thread is over a year old, but I just wanted to add an update. I purchased these sights fairly recently. I was very sceptical also, of using a polymer sight. A little thought though, reminds me that some of the best combat handguns, not to mention the rails and other components of my AR's are also made of polymer's. Long story short, I needed a set of folding sights, and went to a local dealer who carries the best selection of AR's, parts and accessories, in my area. I was actually going to spend more than 2X the amount on a set of iron sights, when one of the salesmen, whose opinion I truly respect, talked me into spending half as much and pointed me in the direction of these sights. He also pulled out a pair of MagPul for comparison. The MagPul had a really "iffy" looking spring, small in diameter compared to the A.R.M.S, which had a much beefier looking spring. What he did, which shocked me somewhat, was to offer to let me take them, try them, and if I didn't like them, bring them back for a credit on a steel set, or a refund. I was sold, but still somewhat had a little doubt in the back of my mind.

Installation took all of about 3 to 5 minutes. I had none of the problems with the arperature flipping forward as the case in the review. Maybe over time as they wear a little, but not for now. It took about 15 minutes to sight them in. Like suggested in the review, a person would be best suited using the small pencil type A2 sight tool. The standard tool is a tight fit, and may scar up the insides of the sight. I have one of these on my key ring, so it was not a problem. I shot out to 100 yards and was fairly dead on, after only a minor adjustment of the rear, and found both arperatures to be perfectly functional. To be honest, I didn't shoot much using the "CQC" notch, but it seemed perfectly suited for the task. Now the rear is folded under a Buriss MTAC, with a Burris QD P.E.P.R. mount, and I only use them occasionally (maybe a few shots) when I remove the Burris, to check return to zero on the QD set-up. Although probably not a real issue for most, the Burris 1X4 MTAC and the P.E.P.R. QD mount add a significant amount of weight so the A.R.M.S. almost insignificant weight, was a welcome weight savings, with my set-up. With a light weight red dot, or other optics, the wieght savings are probably not significant.

Lastly, I can truly say that these sights are as good as any steel BUIS sights I've ever used, they cost less than 1/2 ($80 out the door) of machined steel BIUS, seem to be pretty tough, and though not having been really abused, I'm confident that these sights will stand their ground with other machined steel sights. Sometimes, less really is more, and in this case I think a person can't go wrong.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 21 April 2012 at 19:19. Reason: Edited for Typo's

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tom, thanks for sharing your thoughts. The issue with the rear aperture is really a non issue. Mine still flips forward, but all you have to do is put your finger on the aperture as you flip it. I've gone back and forth between thae ARMS and the Magpul and I prefer the ARM and that is what I have on my AR.