Thread: AR Mag Vest?

Downloads
    Uploads

AR Mag Vest?

I'm looking for something that may not exist, have searched high and low, and thought I'd try one more time here. I'm looking for a light weight vest, something like a shotgunner might use, that will hold 6 AR Mags, securely, maybe 3 per side. I don't need a M.O.L.L.E, full combat, or SWAT/LEO rig. Something light, for hot humid days would be great. Some of our "ranges" here, are actually spread out over acres of farm land, and I just need a simple vest to carry spare loaded mags. If anyone is aware of any manufacturer that makes something like this, I'd really appreciate some guidance. Thanks ahead for any help.
    FT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you looking for something like a chest rig?
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably an "oldschool" Blackhawk vest?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Ome...st-1,14,85.htm

This is basically where all this gear-thingy started back in the days...

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.php?pr...DTCombo&cat=46
    I have one and its a great piece of kit, small light weight and all hsgi gear has a lifetime warrantee.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking more of a lightweight vest type outfit, I guess if I could describe what I think I would like would be similar to cutting the sleves out of a BDU blouse, with some secure mag pouches sewn in. Don't need the extra "cargo" space that a person would want for a tactical vest, for real world use e.g. military/LEO/government employee's. The ideal thing I would like would be very minimalist, with no sholder harness, just button down, or closed with velcro strips, probably weigh less than 16 or 20 oz. If I had a clue how to sew, I could probably do just that, cut the sleves out of a BDU blouse, sew on some mag pouches out of the same material, maybe with some velcro secured flaps on the top of the mag pouches, just to keep the mags in. Again, this would have no real world tactical value, just a light weight "vest/mag carriert" for really hot and humid days we have here. Thanks for all of your replies, though. Like I said, I don't even know if such a thing exists.

FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could just pick up an Army surplus LBV somewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Could just pick up an Army surplus LBV somewhere.

That would probably be the cheapest way to get into something of decent quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been looking for something similar myself, since I am of the larger girth and would look like a complete tool wearing any kind of molle vest or plate carrier. I have just about got it narrowed down to two vests, one from 5.11 and one from Woolrich. The vests look pretty much like a "traveler's" vest, something a tourist would wear, but they have pockets specifically sized up for AR mags (although I think it is only 4 pockets instead of the 6 you requested) and plenty of other storage pockets. I believe both companies offer a lightweight version made of ripstop and a heavier version from canvas, at least I know Woolrich does. Neither one was over $80 if I remember correctly. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Evolution of a Chest Rig

Might be worth a read.
    C. Smith

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to all. I thing I found what I'm looking for....
    FT

Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't get much more minimalist than an SOE Gear stacked micro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool! Looks great, I'll check that out. Thanks.
    FT.