Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Carbine training in Michigan (or thereabouts)

I am struggling to find a good combat carbine training/course similar to what BCM, Magpul, Haley Strategic and several others offer but within the Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Indiana areas.

I have military training but have not had anything very advanced or substantial since and I get so damned jealous seeing videos and pics of guys getting a chance to really enjoy their toys.

Being where I am in Michigan I have access to state ranges (6 rounds in the mag max. with 3 seconds between shots), private ranges that are indoors limiting my long range training and worse of all, it's all very static. Standing in place shooting a paper target doesn't do anything to reinforce my dwindling survival skills.

I've even considered entering 3 gun competitions just to play around some even if it is at the expense of my ego.

In short, has anyone attended anything in this area and if you have what did you think?
    Last edited by Malice; 3 July 2012 at 15:19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MDFI offers several classes in Michigan. Also, EAG Tactical has offered Carbine & Pistol courses in Alma, Boone County, IN, & Alliance, OH.

I'm sure there are others but you'd have to look around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Malice, no offense but you cant be looking that hard. Companies based in Michigan: MDFI, Jericho-Defense, Ranger (RFI), Phalanx Warrior Training to name a few. Pat Rogers, Vickers, Randy Cain, Suarez and while not carbine, SouthNarc have all been and are here often.

If you want competition there are several 3 gun venues, I know Livingston and Bluewater off the top of my head. If you want tactics based two gun ACTS is the way to go.

Additional:
    I have attended all ofthe above at some point while they were in the state. MDFI has a carbine course 15July12. you mention "3 gun at the cost of your ego." I think it would be prudent to check your ego at the door for any of these trainings.

Feel free to PM me your location and I'd be more then happy to supply as much info as I can.
    Last edited by 2ATA; 5 July 2012 at 07:15. Reason: Typo, and additional
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys!
    When I refer to bruising my ego with 3-gun it's because I would expect to get abused by the guys that have run it before. I consider myself a competent shooter but I have no idea how I would fare in a competition.

2ATA, I'll check into each of those you listed you clearly had more luck than I did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just had a Defoor class at Aurora Sportsmans Club in IL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any pics?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are on M4C. Under regional training, I think. Or grey group aars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Downloads
    Uploads
    As an FYI, most of Grey Group's trainers have defected to Alias Training & Security Services. Under Alias, you have Delta, Delta, Delta, Delta, and SEAL combat vets. Also, Ken Hackathorn, considered one of the finest pistol shooters and instructors alive.
    http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/weaponoutfitters

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info RoyL, I appreciate it.