Downloads
    Uploads

Hornady Z-Max 60 g projectiles.

Has anyone tried these for accuracy and penetration?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Z-Max are the "zombie" rounds.
    C. Smith

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. Haven't tried them. Hard to take them seriously.... And when you've reached the summit with 77gr SMKs, it's hard to even look at any other bullet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've personally used them on zombies and they work very well. I tested the first batch by putting shots just in their shoulder and they didn't like it one bit. I think they knew it was the zombie round I was using. It didn't appear to make much difference from the standard Hornady rounds. Penetration appeared the same though it's tough to tell with zombie skin because of all the decay.
    Would I recommend them? On paper, yea, they are the same...against zombies? It's a tough call, zombies don't seem to like them and it makes them come at you faster but I would rather have these than nothing at all.
    Last edited by Malice; 13 August 2012 at 17:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    I've personally used the on zombies and they work very well. I tested the first batch by putting shots just in their shoulder and they didn't like it one bit. I think they knew it was the zombie round I was using. It didn't appear to make much difference from the standard Hornady rounds. Penetration appeared the same though it's tough to tell with zombie skin because of all the decay.
    Would I recommend them? On paper, yea, they are the same...against zombies? It's a tough call, zombies don't seem to like them and it makes them come at you faster but I would rather have these than nothing at all.
    A small part of my soul just died.
    C. Smith

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys are silly.

If you are referring to the 60 GR V-Max, they are very, very accurate. Penetration is not the greatest and they don't meet the desired 12", but they are very impressive for the first 10". Their weakness is against barriers, but against flesh, they are devistating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Z-Max is the same bullet as the V-Max, but with a green tip instead of red. Same weights, same bc, same core, same everything except color. So yes, they work great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Kardic View Post
    The Z-Max is the same bullet as the V-Max, but with a green tip instead of red. Same weights, same bc, same core, same everything except color. So yes, they work great.
    You are incorrect, the Z-max is designed for head shots on zombies and has a crimping groove, (my AR) the V-max does not have a crimping groove and is designed to hit the pupil in the zombies eye. (my bolt gun)

Or if you must have the non-silly answer the Z-max has a crimping groove and the V-max does not.
    (and the Z-max is cheaper when on sale)