Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Latest issue of RECOIL magazine had an interesting statement regarding the MP7A1....

I like RECOIL and have gotten all of their publications so far, but I have to take umbrage with this statement. To make the assumption that civilians should not be allowed to own a piece of military hardware (within reason, even I don't think civilians don't need gear like a Mk.19) just because they have no "sporting" application seems very closed minded.

Credit, where credit is due, I stole this from a post brought to my attention by one the pages I follow on Facebook.

Link to Discussion

Reed Knight III even chimed in on this one.

I bring it here to pose the question, do you think that just because a company makes a weapon deemed "For Mil/LEO use only" that it should completely wright off its availability to the civilian market?

There was a time when the FN P90 and Five-Seven pistol were said to be military only weapons, but FN eventually saw fit to allow its civilian markets to get them.

By the way, I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, I had debated putting this here or the NFA/Special Weapons section and chose here in the end. I apologize in advance for any wrong doings
    Last edited by landshark; 9 September 2012 at 14:28. Reason: I'm a idiot...