Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post
    Coward. I do realize how harsh that sounds, and that's exactly as I mean it. You say something people don't agree with. You realize the error and apologize. Then you bend over for, of all people, the idiots posting Facebook comments and quit? For what?
    In all fairness I am willing to bet he was more or less voluntold to leave. Think about it, it was either admit what he said was full-retard or step down. They "tried" to say they were sorry, which failed and you don't need a Gallup poll to get a read that Jerry out off the team was what the community was calling for. So I am sure that who he reports to, no doubt in his best Bill Lumbergh voice, came down and asked him to not come in on Sunday...
    "the LandShark is considered the cleverest of all sharks...It is capable of disguising its voice, and generally preys on young, single women." - Belushi

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo_Santos View Post
    That's a shame. I don't like to see anyone lose their job, especially over something like this. I don't get how some people become borderline psychotic when someone threatens their right to bear arms, yet they don't see how they don't respect other people's freedom of speech. I guess as long as you completely agree with the right-wing gun nuts, you are ok.
    I don't think it has as much to do with "right wing gun nut's" as you put it, but more of a fevered mob mentality. In fact your comments are more inflamitory than anything Jerry Tsai said. I don't think anyone got "psychotic" over anyone threatining thier rights to bear arms, as Tsai never did that.

I do think a bunch of closed mined "knee jerk" responses to an ill phrased paragraph, yes one paragraph of about two sentences, over reaction, and threats of boycots cost a good man his job. I regret the small mindedness of people to refuse to let the man apologize and retract his mistake, and explain himself, feel good now, if in this U.S. economy, they helped one more person become unemployed, and probably ruined his chances to ever find work in the firearms buisness again, feel proud, let out their petty self-assuring "hrmmmphs"
    as they kick back in their recliners for the evening news.

I wish there was as much outrage and vitirol towards Barack Obama, and his proposed position to by-pass the U.S. Constitution altogether, and adhere to a U.N. Treaty to legislate gun laws in the U.S. Be proud of your (you know who you are) accomplishments. Now, answer this, do you think H&K really gives a big rat's ass about you? Think again.

Bravo!
    FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just spoke with the new or temp head of RECOIL, Jerry has stepped totally away from the magazine. He is no longer there in any capacity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I don't think it has as much to do with "right wing gun nut's" as you put it, but more of a fevered mob mentality. In fact your comments are more inflamitory than anything Jerry Tsai said. I don't think anyone got "psychotic" over anyone threatining thier rights to bear arms, as Tsai never did that.

FT
    I've lived in NJ for most of my life, so I know what it is like to have vey little gun rights compared to other states. I've learned to live with the restrictions, but I can't wait to retire and move to a free state. I hope that when I retire there will be free states left. So I'm all for gun rights. Probably more than a lot of people. When I say right wing gun nut, I am referring to those close minded irrational idiots like the ones who posted on FaceBook, and not the average gun lover.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a shame. I don't like to see anyone lose their job, especially over something like this. I don't get how some people become borderline psychotic when someone threatens their right to bear arms, yet they don't see how they don't respect other people's freedom of speech. I guess as long as you completely agree with the right-wing gun nuts, you are ok.
    I think you should step down from this site's staff for making that comment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the angry mob was screaming for Jerry's "blood" and they got it. Sounds like the press release from Joe Galloway only pissed people off more. I'm pretty sure he was voluntold to leave as Landshark had stated previously. Kind of jacked up for the publisher to defend his comments, to only dump him on the side of the road. To me that treatment is more offensive then Jerry's foot-in-mouth moment. Oh well, there's plenty of other gun magazines to read, RECOIL can kick rocks.
    -Los

"I like my weapons like I like my women, slightly dirty, and well lubed."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent Recoil an email, saying pretty much what you said, and basically called them "cowards" for cowering to mob mentality, and asking them to prove they had some balls, and reconsider Tsai's "voluntary" departure. I seriously doubt that I'll get a response, in fact I'm pretty sure of it, mlosi762.

FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this whole 'mob' argument does not hold water. The argument that several of you are stating is that basically a bunch of ignorant gun owners are getting their panties in a bunch because they're on the internet. Perhaps you should consider that so many people are pissed off because they see people stating in RECOIL magazine that civilians should not own the MP7A1. It's a free market, and the market responded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoSauce View Post
    I think this whole 'mob' argument does not hold water. The argument that several of you are stating is that basically a bunch of ignorant gun owners are getting their panties in a bunch because they're on the internet. Perhaps you should consider that so many people are pissed off because they see people stating in RECOIL magazine that civilians should not own the MP7A1. It's a free market, and the market responded.
    Let me try and clarify my stance. I never said anything about anyone being an ignorant gun owner. As a matter of fact, I too was pissed by what Jerry wrote in that article. What I'm saying is that some of the comments posted on Facebook and whatnot were completely out of line, people expressing their hatred and disgust in some really profane ways.

By not keeping their opinions civil, those individuals make us ALL look like crazed, gun-toting, waiting for the apocalypse, shoot 'em up types (exactly how the anti-gun community wants us to be portrayed). Differences in opinion can be expressed in a respectful way such as, "you know, I don't agree with your statement, and I'm no longer going to read your magazine..."

The posts (that I have read at least) by manufacturer/industry professionals who decided to pull advertising etc, where done in a civil manner. They explained their stance and gave the reasons for their decisions to no longer support RECOIL. Which they of course have every right to do so. However, I do believe that some of them may have only done so to appease their fans.

To try and sum it all up, the situation was handled poorly, from so many different angles. Jerry screwed up huge with that article, got an earful, and he apologized. Then HK (which I'm sure told Jerry to write that in the first place), threw him under the bus. Joe defended him, then he threw him under the bus as well. I've lost respect for both HK, RECOIL and it's publishing company. Even with Jerry gone, I think that irreparable damage has been done, and the future of RECOIL magazine is in question.
    -Los

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mlosi762 View Post
    Let me try and clarify my stance. I never said anything about anyone being an ignorant gun owner. As a matter of fact, I too was pissed by what Jerry wrote in that article. What I'm saying is that some of the comments posted on Facebook and whatnot were completely out of line, people expressing their hatred and disgust in some really profane ways.

By not keeping their opinions civil, those individuals make us ALL look like crazed, gun-toting, waiting for the apocalypse, shoot 'em up types (exactly how the anti-gun community wants us to be portrayed). Differences in opinion can be expressed in a respectful way such as, "you know, I don't agree with your statement, and I'm no longer going to read your magazine..."

The posts (that I have read at least) by manufacturer/industry professionals who decided to pull advertising etc, where done in a civil manner. They explained their stance and gave the reasons for their decisions to no longer support RECOIL. Which they of course have every right to do so. However, I do believe that some of them may have only done so to appease their fans.

To try and sum it all up, the situation was handled poorly, from so many different angles. Jerry screwed up huge with that article, got an earful, and he apologized. Then HK (which I'm sure told Jerry to write that in the first place), threw him under the bus. Joe defended him, then he threw him under the bus as well. I've lost respect for both HK, RECOIL and it's publishing company. Even with Jerry gone, I think that irreparable damage has been done, and the future of RECOIL magazine is in question.
    Well said.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said.
    Thank you Paulo. One of the reasons I like this forum so much is because disrespectful shit-talking, the likes of other forums and social media, isn't tolerated. I enjoy discussion and debate, but the second that differences in opinion come to nasty verbal blows, I shut down. WEVO members can agree to disagree, and that's how debates should play out. If someone disagrees, fine. But when someone starts dropping directional F-bombs, they can kiss their own fifth point of contact as far as I'm concerned. When the shit-storm began, the name calling quickly upset me more than the article that started it all.

What's really sad is that Jerry is professionally ruined. Over a comment, that he retracted and apologized for. And we have all at one time or another, suffered from diarrhea of the mouth. But for many people, the apology wasn't good enough.
    -Los