Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t think you have that piece installed right

Ignore the integrated anti rotational tabs in this photo
    Name:  9AD102E9-F402-4F20-B352-602F6B82A9DB.jpeg
Views: 533
Size:  64.3 KB

You’ve got this piece turned (so it appears from your photo) that it’s acting like an anti rotational tab rather than flush like so
    Name:  38F6A11E-276E-4345-BBC0-50BFA72E99F6.jpeg
Views: 523
Size:  403.2 KB

I get my rails flush with the upper receiver by mounting an A4 carry handle across the gap and helping to align them while I tighten the rail hardware up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey..I now what I’m doing..I’m a gunsmif .... ..I have it right , see reply below and I do the same to align my rails..

I tried redoing the barrel tightening , but and the gap gets no better.. would take lapping or more to get it right.. Idk

This is what centurion replied with

What you got is the correct current antirotation piece. It's made of steel and coated black. They added the wings a little while ago (I did not realize that the old insert was still shown on the website ) It's the same piece, just with the added wings, as they felt this was a better way to secure than to chance riding up on the actual gas tube to provide the stability. However, as you probably know, there is no actual "standard" among 7.62 parts...so you may occasionally find that some uppers may be too wide or the slope starts too early for the wings to fit. In that case, we would recommend either filing the insert to fit, or you can simply turn the insert around so the wings sit around the rail instead. Either way is totally fine.

Even though I tried a few magnets and none of them stuck to the piece..seems made of plastic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Hey..I now what I’m doing..I’m a gunsmif .... ..I have it right , see reply below and I do the same to align my rails..

I tried redoing the barrel tightening , but and the gap gets no better.. would take lapping or more to get it right.. Idk

This is what centurion replied with

What you got is the correct current antirotation piece. It's made of steel and coated black. They added the wings a little while ago (I did not realize that the old insert was still shown on the website ) It's the same piece, just with the added wings, as they felt this was a better way to secure than to chance riding up on the actual gas tube to provide the stability. However, as you probably know, there is no actual "standard" among 7.62 parts...so you may occasionally find that some uppers may be too wide or the slope starts too early for the wings to fit. In that case, we would recommend either filing the insert to fit, or you can simply turn the insert around so the wings sit around the rail instead. Either way is totally fine.

Even though I tried a few magnets and none of them stuck to the piece..seems made of plastic
    I have some of those, and they're plastic as well. Some were steel... I don't know what current production is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could they be aluminum? Plastic seems like a strange choice but who knows

Downloads
    Uploads
    I replied back, waiting to hear back again. Steel would be better ..I guess..

Just seems silly to do it like this.
    The anti rotation piece/setup

Other then that for a 762 size rail it’s nice and slim and a .750 SLR 7 fits underneath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay this thing is sick. So light and slim. I’m in love

Name:  C7B42E25-096D-4DB2-BDAF-D6F356B8E06E.jpeg
Views: 511
Size:  2.27 MB
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!

I really like the 762 version, just wish that stupid anti rotate setup was different

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, and I had to file the tabs a bit to line up properly

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice!

I really like the 762 version, just wish that stupid anti rotate setup was different
    FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s a sickness. I found a Colt 6960 at my lgs last night and I had to take it home.

Name:  F9D4B94B-3EA5-4016-B579-FDC9573CC7AC.jpeg
Views: 386
Size:  643.8 KB
    FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the subtle changes CA made to the aesthetics.... congrats on the Colt!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I really like the subtle changes CA made to the aesthetics.... congrats on the Colt!
    Thank UW. I wish the colt model of cmr had the QD sockets like the centurion retail models, but other than that it’s pretty slick.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Thank UW. I wish the colt model of cmr had the QD sockets like the centurion retail models, but other than that it’s pretty slick.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02

Downloads
    Uploads
    13.9” Criterion inside all Centurion stuff. GA Optimus Micro direct thread. Aimpoint CompM2 place holding til I get an LPVO of some type…1-6 VUDU or 1-8 NX8 perhaps. Weighs under 8lbs as pictured

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    13.9” Criterion inside all Centurion stuff. GA Optimus Micro direct thread. Aimpoint CompM2 place holding til I get an LPVO of some type…1-6 VUDU or 1-8 NX8 perhaps. Weighs under 8lbs as pictured

That 11B in you must love that old QRP mount!

Looks good man. I need to get some more CMR MLOK Rails, they feel so good in your hand when shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That Centurion rail is so slim, compared to the Geissele Mk14’s I use, it feels like I’m just gripping a heavy profile barrel.

The CMR rails on Primary Arms are priced to go; got the 13” for like $196, and the 15” version is $40 cheaper than from Centurion direct. I do need like 9 of the mlok handguard covers but I do have a fondness for the magpul silicon/low pro mlok rail covers…they do a great job of mitigating heat

And the only other Centurion branded part I need is a BCG. Currently got a Geissele in there now but eventually I’ll grab the Centurion for the full effect.

The superlative gas block fit nicely under the rail (I was worried about fitment) but I had a low pro gas block on hand just in case. Superlative has finally printed a good reference card for tuning the bleed off blocks in terms of clicks for restricted, full open, bleed off etc