Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Every time someone posts a photo with the serial number clearly visible, an ATF agent gets a hard-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I go back and forth on this one. How much can someone do with a serial except check it against a stolen weapons database?
    You may be surprised....I just rather not see anyone have to ever explain a photo
    Please explain what exactly someone can do with the serial number? I hear often how bad it is to post the numbers but not once have I heard a legitimate reason why it's an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree Sinner. I try not to intentionally post my #s, but I'm not tore up if it happens on accident.

About the only way I could see it hurting someone was if they'd accidentally bought a stolen firearm, or if they hadn't paid the NFA tax but posted pics of an SBR or similar, and if they posted an action shot where a pistol brace was against one's shoulder and the # was easily visible for tracking down the person.

Honestly I think a lot of guys are paranoid (and rightly so to an extend), but I seriously doubt there are ATF agents out there writing down serial #s from photos to tag people to specific firearms, ie starting a database.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I agree Sinner. I try not to intentionally post my #s, but I'm not tore up if it happens on accident.

About the only way I could see it hurting someone was if they'd accidentally bought a stolen firearm, or if they hadn't paid the NFA tax but posted pics of an SBR or similar, and if they posted an action shot where a pistol brace was against one's shoulder and the # was easily visible for tracking down the person.

Honestly I think a lot of guys are paranoid (and rightly so to an extend), but I seriously doubt there are ATF agents out there writing down serial #s from photos to tag people to specific firearms, ie starting a database.
    This is about where I am at on the issue. I don't disagree that it's good practice to control shared information but it doesn't tear me up terribly when something gets posted.
    I know that not all ATF agents are assholes, I've personally seen two of em let a guy off of what could have been 5+ felony counts for weapons violations in CA because the guy genuinely didn't have a clue the stuff he'd owned since the 80's had been outlawed there.
    However, I can just imagine an ATF agent reading your last sentence laughing as he scrolls through this thread writing down serials to run just because we are talking about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I mean, ive seen fbi traces run on serial numbers only without having possession of the firearm.

Just pointing out that if someone in a position of interest wants to make a job out of something someone posted then its one step easier for them to do so.

You wouldnt post your personal info, would you?

Messing with a serial takes .02 seconds in any program.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Voodoo, nice images (as usual). Like the suppressor height sights for the Glocks. Who is the mfg, and do they print "normally" - POA=POI?
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Voodoo, nice images (as usual). Like the suppressor height sights for the Glocks. Who is the mfg, and do they print "normally" - POA=POI?
    http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/03/xs-suppressor-sights.html

XS Suppressor height sights. They are slightly 8-ball aiming (high point of dot) at 25y.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    sort of want

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

My G43 had its first malfunction today about 100 rounds into the session. Last round of the magazine and using federal bulk pack. In its defense though it's getting filthy, little north of 1,100 rounds and being pocket carried most days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SD8A8102-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
    SD8A8064-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram
    Follow me on Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully View Post
    So much awesome.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    So much awesome.
    thanks man
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram