Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Rob…what ammo were you using for these shots?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleBravo View Post
    That Lantac is growing on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleBravo View Post
    Rob…what ammo were you using for these shots?
    It's been a LOOOOONG time since we took those. I think it was military frangible, but it may have been XM193.

The key to these that I think is missing in a lot of shots like these is that:
    A) they all used the same ammo
    B) they were all taken with the exact same settings on the camera, to include aperture, ISO, zoom, distance to camera, etc.
    C) they were all taken indoors in an actual pitch-black space
    D) they were all taken on the same day, within minutes of each other

If I still cared to test and report on such things, it occurs to me that the way these photos were taken actually makes it possible to measure the amount of muzzle climb as well since they show the full range of motion of the muzzle. these were fired with my shoulder as the backstop, but when I was planning on doing more with this I had made up a rig to hold the gun such that it would have some amount of give against a spring and the pivot point would be the toe of the stock.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It's been a LOOOOONG time since we took those. I think it was military frangible, but it may have been XM193.

The key to these that I think is missing in a lot of shots like these is that:
    A) they all used the same ammo
    B) they were all taken with the exact same settings on the camera, to include aperture, ISO, zoom, distance to camera, etc.
    C) they were all taken indoors in an actual pitch-black space
    D) they were all taken on the same day, within minutes of each other

If I still cared to test and report on such things, it occurs to me that the way these photos were taken actually makes it possible to measure the amount of muzzle climb as well since they show the full range of motion of the muzzle. these were fired with my shoulder as the backstop, but when I was planning on doing more with this I had made up a rig to hold the gun such that it would have some amount of give against a spring and the pivot point would be the toe of the stock.
    I agree with all your points there, Rob. Night fire is not something a lot of guys do regularly, and I'm not sure everybody realizes how different the flash can be for each muzzle device depending on the ammo used.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shot my 7" build at night for the first time with the BHW Dragon's Head and found that, after dark, it is primarily a 30-round flashbang with a secondary function as a bullet chucker. I filmed a slow 3-round string, fired over a total of 9 seconds. Here were those three shots:

I really wanted a KIES Blast Master, but they have been on backorder forever so I went with the BHW for the same price. It is a Levang-style linear comp and looks good on the gun, but looks smaller and lighter than the KIES (which I still want to try). The gun is a joy to shoot with it on there during the day, much less noise and blast than with the A2 I had on there to begin with. It definitely dampened or altered the recoil impulse but didn't do much for muzzle rise. I think the heavier Blast Master might do better, and I keep kicking myself thinking I should've waited for it. I wish KIES would send me one to test. It looks like it would be more effective than the Dragon's Head, not only in reducing muzzle climb but also directing noise and flash better by design... principle is the same, but the execution is different. The Dragon's Head functions very comparably to the Troy Claymore, but I don't purchase their products any more and I think the Troy is the uglier of the bunch, for whatever that's worth.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 14 December 2013 at 09:37.
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surefire SFMB-556

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Is this a Kaw Valley Precision linear? Have you put many rounds through it, and what is your opinion if so? As I stated in a previous post, I am on the hunt for the best linear comp out there. I have tried a Troy Claymore and a BHW Dragon's Head, and I'm looking for a KIES Blast Master to test. This one looks great also!
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 14 December 2013 at 09:46.
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads