Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys, is there a flip-up rear sight you prefer these days? I bought a set of the Scalarworks PEAK sights, but the sight picture is just too busy with an MRO on their lower 1/3 mount. Lower 1/3 works well for me with a larger optic like the Comp M4 but the smaller diameter of the MRO makes it just a little too much.

So what flip-up iron sight is a good choice? Price is no object, obviously if I'm buying Scalarworks gear ...

I have tried and like the Magpul MBUS Pro, that is what I'm leaning to at the moment but I would like to hear your opinions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's your intent with the sights? Precision, fast, or just having a back up?

I've found the KAC Micro 600m makes shooting precisely at distance much easier when paired with a KAC front sight. But the smaller aperature that makes that possible (at least for me) doesn't make it as fast (at least for me). Then again, I don't tend to shoot up close with irons much because it's 2019 (kidding....kind of).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    What's your intent with the sights? Precision, fast, or just having a back up?

I've found the KAC Micro 600m makes shooting precisely at distance much easier when paired with a KAC front sight. But the smaller aperature that makes that possible (at least for me) doesn't make it as fast (at least for me). Then again, I don't tend to shoot up close with irons much because it's 2019 (kidding....kind of).
    I want to be able to use them reliably up to 100 yards on a CMMG Banshee 9mm PCC with 8" barrel. I rarely use the small aperture on AR sights, I find that out to 100 yards the large aperture works for me. So with that in mind, weight, durability and ease of deployment are my highest priority aspects.
    Last edited by MoxyDave; 28 May 2019 at 18:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the Rainier Sights are the best. Expensive though and you can’t buy just a rear.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Hey guys, is there a flip-up rear sight you prefer these days? I bought a set of the Scalarworks PEAK sights, but the sight picture is just too busy with an MRO on their lower 1/3 mount. Lower 1/3 works well for me with a larger optic like the Comp M4 but the smaller diameter of the MRO makes it just a little too much.

So what flip-up iron sight is a good choice? Price is no object, obviously if I'm buying Scalarworks gear ...

I have tried and like the Magpul MBUS Pro, that is what I'm leaning to at the moment but I would like to hear your opinions.
    I like the KAC Micro and MBUS Pro and how you can adjust the front sight with the little wheel rather than needing a sight tool (or 5.56 round) BUT it’s not a huge deal

The Griffin M2 folding sights are nice and have been on a rifle of mine for a while.

Most recently purchased is a KAC (non micro) front that folds down into the sight base, protecting it from impacts etc. Not cheap but functional and durable

Downloads
    Uploads

Optics / RDS / Iron Sights Photo Gallery

Magpul pros are probably more than enough. I’ve seen reports of lacking durability but I’ve had no issues. KAC are nicer and well tested but spendy. Between them on price is Rainier, which Aragorn mentioned. They are refined. And I love the the way aperture tucks out is the way.

Edit: the new sights from Midwest Industries look good too.
    Last edited by fledge; 28 May 2019 at 18:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are definetly my favorites, have used them on all my builds. Really like the rear apature thats lifts and turns. Can take some serious abuse. Plus they are 25% off right now. https://www.lwrci.com/p-451-lwrci-sk...ights-set.aspx
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're consistently using the large aperture, I'd consider the Troy's since their rear only folds down in the large position. Good deal for a set at AIM

https://aimsurplus.com/troy-industri...e-sight-combo/

I also like the MI, they're solid.

Others that I like that are more money, Rainier's BUIS, KAC's, and of course the MBUS Pro's have worked well for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm probably odd man out, but my favorite rear BUIS has been the Brownell's 360 Series Tactical Rear Sight for several years.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod105938.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys I will check out all these and post again when I've tried one out for a bit.

Just to be clear, I am looking for a flip-up sight, not a fixed sight.

Appreciate the responses; thanks guys.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads