Downloads
    Uploads

Armordillo Concealment X-FER IWB Holster

The Tampa, Florida-area kydex holster maker/designer Armordillo Concealment (AC) has just introduced a new in-the-waistband (IWB) weaponlight-capable holster named the X-FER. This patent pending and made in the U.S.A. design is very minimalist and quite reminiscent of the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 IWB holster. The difference is in AC's brilliant execution: the X-FER is weaponlight-specific. The X-FER secures the weaponlight and not the gun.

Why is this a significant divergence from a holster like the Vanguard 2? Because now a gun carrier can deploy a multitude of weaponlight-capable handguns, irrespective of type, barrel-length, and other external accoutrements like safeties, with this holster and not have to swap out holsters to fit the gun and weaponlight. As one can see from the photographs, this design can handily accommodate suppressed firearms.

Other design features of the holster include it being ambidextrous for use by right and left-handed gun carriers. Belt attachment is accomplished with a single loop made with a nylon reinforced polymer and pull-the-dot hardware. It is cant and ride height adjustable.

According to AC's website, the X-FER is currently available for the Surefire X-300 and X-200 and, via pre-sale, Streamlight TLR-1 for $54.99. Their shipping lead time is approximately two to three days.

From a personal standpoint, I would like to see this made for the upcoming INFORCE weaponlight as that light is a planned, future purchase. Lastly, I am the owner of a couple of AC holsters, with two more on order. I can attest to their excellent workmanship and durability. I expect this holster to do quite well.

You can place your order here.

- Photograph courtesy of AC

- Video courtesy of YouTube & AC

- Video courtesy of YouTube & Down Range Firearm Training

Downloads
    Uploads
    UPDATE (Via AC's Facebook Page):

"Armordillo Concealment: The holster has to be removed from the person to re-holster. The X-FER is not to replace training or range holster. It is specifically a minimalistic holster designed to comfortably carry a weapon mounted light IWB. The re-holstering is much slower than you are used to but with practice you will become more proficient."

Thank you AC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to AC via their Facebook page, the X-FER is now available for the Surefire X300 Ultra:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using one of these for several weeks now and it's quickly becoming my favorite daily wear holster. Most of the time, it holds my G30SF (with an X300). The XFER has proven to be the most comfortable and concealable way to carry my pistols they way they should be carried: with a light mounted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm debating getting one, but I find AIWB carry to be very uncomfortable. Could be I still having found that "sweet spot" or I have the wrong holster, which is designed, according to the manufacturer, to be an AIWB-specific holster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Resurrecting this thread...I finally bit the bullet and purchased my own X-FER holster, specifically made for the Streamlight TLR-1 weaponlight. I purchased my sample through the on-line company Tactical Distributors. Out of curiosity, I swapped the TLR-1s with various weapons, placing each combination in the appendix carry position, which I now find a very practical and comfortable place to carry a full-sized firearms thanks in no small part to having lost 40 pounds from when I first posted this thread and now. I was surprised over how easy it was to appendix carry my Kimber Desert Warrior and S&W M&P45 (full-size) .45 ACP's and Beretta 92FS Vertec 9mm with this holster.

After some other gun-swapping, I locked the TLR-1s onto my primary off-duty gun, a Walther PPQ 9mm, and carried it all day yesterday and several hours today and found the combination very comfortable and concealable under a polo shirt or t-shirt. For now, this combination will be part of my off-duty carry kit...unless I get another XFER for one of my Surefires.