Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I've been lurking for two days and saw this thread. I figured if the guys here want people to be registered and logged in and particpate, that's a fair trade for the info.

I wasn't doing so because I'm intimidated by the intense amount of knowledge here. I'm trying to absorb as much of it as I can but I have to look up a lot of the stuff in the posts you guys are talking about in order to understand. Why take the 5 minutes to register when I am seeing everything I need to see right now, and I don't want to ask any questions (better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone suspect you are a fool, than open your mouth and confirm it).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I view a lot without logging in. I registered immediately as soon as I found this site because I had questions and you guys seemed educated and without condescending attitudes that you find on other message boards across the web. The reason I browse a lot not logged in is because I browse on my phone mostly and for some reason it doesn't automatically log me in. I don't have it on auto login at work either for obvious reasons. If I want to post I will just log in and do so. When I am at home I am usually logged in all the time. I have a feeling a lot of those lurkers you see may be members checking the board on a phone or mobile device.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't post for two reasons...

1) Most conversations tend to be slow moving. In order to maintain my interest, a topic I am following would preferably have something contributed every day or two. I reply to a thread, and then sit back and wait to see what other people thought about the topic..... and six months later someone adds something. Well, by that point, I have to go back and read the whole thread again just to remember what the OP was, what I responded with, if I even hold the same opinion anymore, and then what the new information is.

2) Half the time when someone does respond (again, six months later), if I shared information that was not so much opinion as it is just my own personal experience and a recounting of something I observed, a know-it-all with the credentials of "I have been to more training classes than you" jumps on me to tell me how wrong I am and that I am a stupid, inferior, unenlightened simpleton in every facet of my being. Said person can't simply disagree, and post what their experience has been, but instead needs to assert their superiority and dominance in the most unsavory way possible.

... it gets old.
    -lamarbrog

I sold my Browning High Power because it is a heavy, low-capacity, hammer-biting, magazine disconnecting, stiff manual safetied artifact with uncommon magazines, and it still holds the honored place of being my least favorite pistol I have ever owned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    I don't post for two reasons...

1) Most conversations tend to be slow moving. In order to maintain my interest, a topic I am following would preferably have something contributed every day or two. I reply to a thread, and then sit back and wait to see what other people thought about the topic..... and six months later someone adds something. Well, by that point, I have to go back and read the whole thread again just to remember what the OP was, what I responded with, if I even hold the same opinion anymore, and then what the new information is.

2) Half the time when someone does respond (again, six months later), if I shared information that was not so much opinion as it is just my own personal experience and a recounting of something I observed, a know-it-all with the credentials of "I have been to more training classes than you" jumps on me to tell me how wrong I am and that I am a stupid, inferior, unenlightened simpleton in every facet of my being. Said person can't simply disagree, and post what their experience has been, but instead needs to assert their superiority and dominance in the most unsavory way possible.

... it gets old.
    Well, you did slit you own throat on m4c... we'll try to be nicer here.