Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    For those that are directly tied into the industry and use it to put food on the table... do you guys fear that an possible ban will kill the industry and your businesses/jobs? We've been hearing the rhetoric for almost a decade since the last one sunset. I fear it may be closer than we think this time.
    If the ban is like what we have in NJ, I don't think much will change.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a fan of the Israeli method of preventing school shootings. They implemented a policy of arming their teachers back in the 70's and school shootings there have dropped to nearly zero. Rocket attacks are a different matter, but we don't currently have that problem here in the US.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post
    Can you elaborate? I don't choose where I PCS, but I've been blessed thus far to stay in (relatively) free states. I'd like to know what gun owners deal with in your shoes.
    I've lived in NJ for most of my life. We always had a gun ban here. Other than not being able to own a few things that most states allow, I can still buy the majority of the things here. Sure it sucks only having 15 round mags and having to have a permanently attached muzzle brake and a fixed stock, but you get used to it and learn to adapt and overcome. On my personal AR, I actually have an EMod stock that I just had pinned to the length I wanted and have a permanently attached FSC556, which is probably what I would have anyway. It sucks not being able to have an SBR and a sound suppressor, but honestly isn't a big deal anymore. As long as I can still go out and shoot, that's all it matters.

So if a gun ban comes, it won't affect the gun businesses. Most will just adapt to the new laws and start selling approved/legal items.

I forgot: I also can't have a bayonette lug. Darn. I always wanted one of those. They look so cool. LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Paulo, I get what you're saying, but I don't want to *adapt* and deal with neutered guns in the future. After my LEO days are over, I'd like to move to a free state so I can have my own SBR's, MG's, and keep my suppressors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Paulo, I get what you're saying, but I don't want to *adapt* and deal with neutered guns in the future. After my LEO days are over, I'd like to move to a free state so I can have my own SBR's, MG's, and keep my suppressors.
    I agree with you, but it just isn't a big deal to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough, like you said... as long as you keep getting to put lead down range, that's the most important thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my AR:

LOL. Just kidding.

It has everything I need to protect myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you gotta go piston... you might as well get an LMT MRP Piston upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you gotta go piston... you might as well get an LMT MRP Piston upper
    LOL. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It actually has a T-1 on it right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My only question is... where are your other rifles? :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    My only question is... where are your other rifles? :D
    I used to have a bunch of 6.8's, but I got rid of them and got out of the 6.8 game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One prespective to think about is the current gun laws in California, this may be the new NORMAL for the rest of the nation. We ALL cared what happened that tragic day in Newtown and every event where innocent lives are taken away by BAD CRAZY people. Unfortunately, mainstream news media thinks otherwise. With the current push, yes it will put prices, products and production to it's limit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Current laws are not enforced effectively. Laws only control the law abiding and punish violators. Criminals, by definition, pay no attention to laws. Therefore a criminal act can not be stopped by laws. Police only respond after the fact. Can the Gov legislate morals, ethics?

If you are offended by anything in this post, blame it on auto-correct & TapaTalk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, today is the day....want to bring up the demonizing again? Who's doing it..I'll give you three guesses, democrats, democrats, and the President. Want to have an opposing view, and you're not with the left-wing liberal press, no problem, the President has taken care of that for you by accusing any media that offers an opposing view, as "ginning up" and fear mongering. This is a President that desperately needs an issue, and tragically he found a doozy to exploit, the slain children, then all children. Remember 9/11? A reporter took a photo og G.W. Bush, on AF-1, returning from Texas after getting the news. The liberal media tore him to pieces as using the "photo-op" as exploiting 9/11 for his benefit. Turned out that the photo was taken by a liberal media stooge.

Obama surrounds his self with children. Why? Who can deny children?
    Gun Control has convienently been redefined as "Gun Violence Prevention". Who could deny that? Nobody advocates Gun Violence? Right?

Meanwhile all of the issues that have plagued him, are worse and getting even more worse. More unemployment, more debt, more unemployed having to dip into their retirement accounts, a freakin President who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but he's a master of dividing Americans.

What about an armed guard at your childrens school? Why you stupid rube, you think your childrens lives are as important as his? (Sarcasm absolutely deliberate) - in fact he's already got his media fanboy's spreading that one around. Really, how dare we expect our children to recieve the security of even one armed guard per school, vs. the 24/7 protection by highly trained and skilled secret service personnel, that his children receive. Damn us commoner's, are we that arrogant as to think our "regular" children's lives are equal to his kids?

Yeah, bring up your "demonizing democrat" drivel again. I think he made everyone's case and his agenda perfectly clear today. And the only folks who were demonized were anyone outside the DNC zombies that put a total failure of a POTUS in office, for another 4 years of continued total failure.

And the worst of worst, surrounding himself with children, during his speech, demonizing opposing views in the media (totally inappropriate and a cowardly swipe, but it does give the "children" something else to think about besides why Daddy doesn't go to work any more, why Mommy has to make Macaroni and Cheese.....again, purchased with a card that get's her free food, because daddy doesn't go to work anymore. Yes a perfect way to turn americans attention away from his continued failure. Make the whole world worry about "Gun Violence" prevention. That'll warm their empty stomachs at night.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 16 January 2013 at 19:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm listening to a gun debate on Democracy Now right now. The gun-ban proponents seem to truly believe that banning AR-15s and the like will help prevent future tragedies and lower violence across the board. I am trying my hardest to keep an open mind and listen to both sides of the debate, but it's clear that particularly on this issue, facts really don't matter. Most people I've spoken to have a very strong opinion on the subject either way, and no amount of fact-based reasoning can sway their opinion. My friends who live in urban centers, who have zero experience with or understanding of firearms all have a hard time comprehending why one might need or want an AR-15. My hope is that we can explain to these folks that violence happens in the real world and you can't legislate crazy out of existence. I have a lot more to say on the issue but I'll save that to try and convince my friends to write their representatives instead.