Thread: sling question

Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on what your setup is.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    Using the Aux end and a QD on that seems to be cheaper but a bit bulkier.

Thoughts?
    Thats what I did, but then stopped by HSGI and had 2 Bar-Tacs ran across the web and cut the extra plastic and webbing off..
    Tada, Low Pro again....

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    It depends on what your setup is.

TS
    14.5" carbine with a Omega 7" and a Magpul CTR stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    GS auxilliary ends with the QD's attached would be more streamlined but standard ends plus QD should work fine.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the officers I work with has been using an adjustable 2 point, and he disliked the long webbing so much that he taped it down to prevent it from getting caught up.

I showed him the GS-2P on my duty carbine, and his comment was simple "grab me one, I'll pay you whatever it costs".

Downloads
    Uploads
    It just hit me that I could set my POF up to use the GS 2PS using the auxiliary tab hooked to the SPRE and the extra standard auxiliary tab that I got with the GS 2PS. I need to take some pics as well.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anything wrong with the way I attached the front sling mount? It seems to handle all of the weight that I pulled on it.
    Yes it was a pain to put the tab on the inside, but it looks cleaner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anything wrong with the way I attached the front sling mount?
    Negative. Nothing wrong running that way.

I wouldn't have wanted to be there when you installed it though. I can only imagine the shear volume of curse words that must have escaped your mouth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talking about Gear Sector shirts.................

I wear the 2 that I have constantly, they are the most comfortable T-shirts around-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I cant wait for the Gear Sector hats..

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=morebullets;4878]Is there anything wrong with the way I attached the front sling mount? It seems to handle all of the weight that I pulled on it.
    QUOTE]

I tried putting mine on like that for about 15 minutes. I was making up curse words on the fly. I gave up. It does look a lot cleaner that way.
    I have another one on order for another carbine and I'm going to put it on that way if it kills me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After seeing the way Morebullets had his adaptor on I decided if he can I can.
    I did a bit of thinking last night on the matter, and this morning I put my thoughts to work. Took about 4 minutes.

I will try to explain the way I did it because it not only looks better, I think it is better installed this way. No loose ends sticking out to do whatever.

First thing I did was remove the adaptor from my sling mount (Burnsed loop).
    Thread the webbing through whatever adaptor you are using all the way till the stitched part runs into your adaptor. All that webbing going through the adaptor will be your friend in just a minute.
    Second thing is to thread the webbing back through the first ring, up over the second or outer ring, and then of course stick back into the middle.

This where it may get tricky to explain. While holding the webbing and buckles up close to your adaptor with one hand, put pressure on the webbing end. Now start pulling the slack out of the non stitched side and if everything goes right. The webbing itself will pull the end through the inner loop.
    Mine pulled though about 1/8 inch. Then take some needle nose pliers, your wifes tweezers or some hemostats and pull it on through.

Worked first time for me and I'm getting old and my hands don't work like they used to, so you youngens shouldn't have any problem at all.

Much neater setup.

And a few pics just to show it can be done (really it is easier than it looks).

Last edited by Elvis; 17 November 2008 at 12:05.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shirts? Patches? Don't got none of these them thar things.

Slings I got....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm gonna need one of those Gear Sector shirts to wear at SHOT show..

Too bad my girl left me but I'll still need that thing we discussed. Got the rifle back and the next girl might get it..

CXS
    Last edited by Custom-X_Sponjah; 26 December 2008 at 16:04.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm gonna need one of those Gear Sector shirts to wear at SHOT show.
    We got em.

Too bad my girl left me but I'll still need that thing we discussed. Got the rifle back and the next girl might get it.
    Girl or no girl, I got a metric ton of what we talked about inbound. Better have your cash ready.