Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First AR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Tree Sloth View Post
    Ok. Let's assume I get the 5.56. Then, I'll get the bug and want another. If I want to buy a .308 or 6.8. what would you recommend? To keep it somewhat realistic for me, let's say the total purchase price for this one would be $1,400.00.

From my initial research, it looks like slim picking here. Stag, DPMS, Armalite, is that pretty much it?

Sloth
    If you stick with 6.8, all you need is an upper. I would suggest Ko-Tonics (Cardinal Armory) as they seem to have the best barrel/twist/chamber and have great customer service.

Check out this forum site for most everything about the 6.8 SPC:

http://www.68forums.com/

Take care,

Kelly (Cohibra45)

BTW, I'm going with the LMT CQB MRP model piston. You can get the regular CQB MRP for your initial costs and just purchase another barrel/bolt and get another caliber or even when the piston kit comes out, just get that...Just a thought.
    Last edited by Cohibra45; 1 June 2008 at 15:56.

Downloads
    Uploads

Choice made

I got it a bit backwards; I ordered the 6.8 first. I ordered a LMT 6.8 CQB, with the 16" barrel, the defender lower, SOPMOD stock and the two stage trigger. I've got a six to eight week wait, but that is fine.

I appreciate everyone's advice.

Sloth

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait a minute. Hostile Tree Sloth--------->Combat Tree Sloth? I don't get it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Two names, one sloth = confusion

For some reason, some forums will not take the name "hostile tree sloth" but they will take "combat tree sloth." So, I use them interchangeably. I sometime screw up and end up with both names on one forum! That's what I've done here; I'm registered under both names. Oh well, Sloths aren't that smart, we are easily confused!

Maybe I should start over and just be "grumpy tree sloth" or something that all forums will accept.

Sloth
    Last edited by Combat Tree Sloth; 2 June 2008 at 14:59.