Downloads
    Uploads

.22lr conv/dedicated upper

So my wife got me a .22 conv for Christmas and I must say I love it. Blowing through 500 rds and not feeling bad about it is great BUT it's just so dirty! So only having one 5.56 upper I'd really like to get a dedicated upper for the .22 to save all that wear. My question is already having the bcg does anyone sell an upper minus bcg or wld it be worth it to build an upper? I'm trying to find a way to utilize this .22 bcg I already have in order to save a little money. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Neither of those options are going to happen anytime soon, but normally there are uppers without BCG's.
    C. Smith

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well yea I realize that with the crazies....just future planning lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong but to build an upper for 22lr I will need reciever, barrel, charging handle, and hand guard correct? I already have the bcg and have read no gas block is needed....I am new to this so please forgive me if I am showing my ignorance here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I would just like to add I do understand this may not be "the best or overall cheapest way" to go about this. What it does do though is allow me to spread out my cost and saves me the "I can't believe I bought that and you don't even use it arguments". Those two things make the overall effort and extra cost worth it to me lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholsonmotorsports View Post
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong but to build an upper for 22lr I will need reciever, barrel, charging handle, and hand guard correct? I already have the bcg and have read no gas block is needed....I am new to this so please forgive me if I am showing my ignorance here.
    I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess you're correct since the drop in kits are blow-back operated and not gas operated. You might get some lead shavings escaping through the gas port in the front of the barrel. If your not using a standard front sight assembly or railed gas block, I'm assuming your just going to put an optic on the upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just use a regular 556/223 upper. Sure, it's more than a little dirty, but if I ever need to I can just drop in my extra bolt and shoot the proper ammo through it. I have to admit my .22Lr upper is dirty as hell and at this point may be about as accurate as an Iraqi AK but it's a better than nothing option.
    Or go all crazy and grab an LMT MRP and swap barrels as needed. I know some companies used to make a .22 barrel for it, not sure if they still do.

SOS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea just something cheap I've already got on the optic