Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P 9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MerQ View Post
    How easy to you find the M&P 45 to conceal? I have a large frame body and usually carry a USP Compact (40 S&W /45 ACP) for my CCW.
    It is OK to conceal. Our Detectives carry the M&P .45's and they hide them pretty well with a jacket or big shirt. The holster is very important. They use a holster that rides up pretty high and it is thin.

For my off-duty, I like to wear ankle holsters, so I use a KAHR9 and it works great. I want to try the new M&P sub-compact to see how it works. My co-worker just got one so I'll try it out soon.

BRD Jerm Guest
    update:put a few hundred rounds through it the other day.started out with 100 rounds of WWB to get it a little dirty and then started with my carry ammo(Federal 147gr HST and 135gr+P bonded).

shoots great!

if it proves reliable im not sure if i'll buy another Glock...

well maybe a 19,everyone should have at least one G19.but i cant think of anything i like better about the Glock at this point,other than the proven long term reliability...and the cheaper mags.

BRD Jerm Guest
    this is a C&P from another thread i have,but i thought it may been of interest to some(still flawless well past 1000 rounds btw)....

i know theres a few M&P owners arround,thought this may interest you...

one of the(few) issues that has been mentioned with the M&P is the trigger reset.i just finished the stage one trigger work as shown by Burwell...

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/mi...triggerjob.pdf stage one ends on page 22.

im far from a smith,but i like to do what work i can on my own.normally i would shy away from trigger work that involved anything more than dropping in some new parts.but since my only real concern was with reset and the stage one looked like something i could handle,i went ahead and gave it a shot.

took me about an hour(being very carefull).i didnt take off quite as much as is shown in the instructions as i didnt want to go too far and screw things up.i would guess i took off somewhere between 80%-90% of whats shown.

im very impressed with the results.

the trigger pull feels a little lighter and "crisper",but my main concern was improving the reset...mission accomplished!

a definate improvement...shorter and far more pronounced.

anyway,if you've been considering having some trigger work done to your M&P and didnt want to send it off or spend the $$...i highly recommend the DIY method(at least stage one),easy,free,and excellent results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had my M&P 9 for about 2 years and wouldn't trade it for anything else. YMMV, but it fits my hand like no other and points naturally like pointing a finger. Without getting into a 9 vs 40 v 45 debate, the M&P platform, regardless of the caliber you choose, is a good one. Mine has had no failures to feed, fire or eject of any kind, even when virgin, and eats everything, including the cheap stuff.