Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

556 suppresor Who makes best?

Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    I 'm open for suggestions on the SDN6 . Is it comparable or better then the Specwar or Saker .Also I really liked the Trifecta mount vs the Blackout so that was my only nit pick issue .
    The Saker uses a material 30% stronger than the traditional Inconel in their baffles. I was specifically told that it is rated to handle a 7" 5.56 and 300 BO all the way up to a 300RUM. The SDN6 can't. The Saker762 seems to be more versatile and an all around better product to include the mounting system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    So did you decide yet? I'm thinking about getting a suppressor this year.
    I went ahead and got a Silencerco Osprey from Cascade Arsenal and am waiting to see if the 7.62 Saker drops this month . Now the waiting game begins & I just read the SBR bill passed so more tax stamps coming soon .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went ahead and got a Silencerco Osprey from Cascade Arsenal and am waiting to see if the 7.62 Saker drops this month . Now the waiting game begins & I just read the SBR bill passed so more tax stamps coming soon .
    What bill are you talking about and do you have a link?
    Last edited by SteveL; 9 March 2014 at 12:04.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    What bill are you talking about and do you have a link?
    Steve,

This was for Washington State residents, who were restricted from having SBR's since 1994. State law is now in line with Federal Law for obtaining SBR's.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5956

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Steve,

This was for Washington State residents, who were restricted from having SBR's since 1994. State law is now in line with Federal Law for obtaining SBR's.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5956
    I was aware of the WA state issue going on with SBRs. It was the comment about no more tax stamps that got my attention. I haven't heard anything about those going away (and that would be a federal thing) so that's why I asked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I was aware of the WA state issue going on with SBRs. It was the comment about no more tax stamps that got my attention. I haven't heard anything about those going away (and that would be a federal thing) so that's why I asked.
    Ahhhh,

Ok, looks like he wrote "more tax stamps" coming soon, I guess I could see how you really wanted to see it as "no more tax stamps" which would be preferable!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ahhhh,

Ok, looks like he wrote "more tax stamps" coming soon, I guess I could see how you really wanted to see it as "no more tax stamps" which would be preferable!
    I see now. It looks like I misread the post. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

I'm that guy now who posts a stupid question without carefully reading the pertinent posts first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silencerco has stated that Saker 762's will be shipping at the end of the month, so whenever your favorite dealer gets their Form 3 transfers... I'm thinking June.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will contact Chip at Cascade unless Rainier want's to give me a package deal on a Saker & SanTan sbr lower

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    After buying several, I have found silencers to be a complete waste of money for the things I do with guns.

Because of that, I wouldn't buy, or won't buy another, until someone makes a can that meets the following criteria. Most of these features can be found in one can or another, but no one can has them all that I'm aware of.
    -<7" OAL
    -1.5" OD
    -<16 oz (<14 better)
    -7.62 bore
    -muzzle brake mounts in 5.56 and 7.62 with all common thread patterns (AR and AK)
    -flash hider mounts in 5.56 and 7.62 with all common thread patterns (AR and AK)

Basically, bore this out and make mounts in 7.62 that fit it, or lengthen the throat so that it will accept 7.62 mounts.

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=p...roducts_id=166

With a can like that I can spread the waste across many caliber so and many platform systems.
    If you're willing to stretch your length requirement by .625", then YHM listened and delivered:
    https://yhm.net/30-cal-ultra-light-tactical.html
    Todd
    I'm young with limited experience... so my thoughts are worth 'bout a quarter of what you paid - and I don't give out refunds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IDK what's best but the wait is killing me.. I'm going with a Osprey for my Hk45 because I'm limited on sights. My bro has an AAC that works pretty good.