Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

556 suppresor Who makes best?

Well I am planning on buying one. Who makes the best, most durable, quietest ? Surefire? Gemtech? I have not researched them at all. I do own a gemtech 22lr and like it except for the mounting threads. I feel as if they are a weak point on the gemtech.
    I plan on ordering one and filling out a form 4 somewhere soon.
    Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think most people tend to look at AAC and Surefire as the kings in the suppressor arena. Something else to think about is going with a multifunction can. I use an AAC SDN6 for 5.56, 300BLK, and .308. One can, many platforms... one tax stamp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I think most people tend to look at AAC and Surefire as the kings in the suppressor arena. Something else to think about is going with a multifunction can. I use an AAC SDN6 for 5.56, 300BLK, and .308. One can, many platforms... one tax stamp.
    I purchased the sdn6 today. Now to hurry up and wait. LOL Thanks for the advice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty much all of them have lifetime warranties. I went with SWR. Had I have had more money, I would have gone with AAC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeake View Post
    I purchased the sdn6 today. Now to hurry up and wait. LOL Thanks for the advice.
    Hopefully you had a trust and used the eFile.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    Pretty much all of them have lifetime warranties. I went with SWR. Had I have had more money, I would have gone with AAC.
    I was contemplating getting the SWR Specwar or Saker and was curious if you feel the AAC is worth the extra money or what issues you've had .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Surefire Cans as they have the smallest POI shift. I like AAC cans too because they're cheaper and similar in performance with the Surefire in sound reduction.

If I could only have 1 can, it would be an AAC 762SDN6

One thing to consider IF and that's a big IF... new legislation comes down eliminating the trust option and everyone has to get CLEO sign offs, I think you'll see a lot of suppressor manufacturers going out of business along with that "lifetime" warranty. You may want to buy suppressors from a manufacturer that will still be around if that happens. Just a thought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    I was contemplating getting the SWR Specwar or Saker and was curious if you feel the AAC is worth the extra money or what issues you've had .
    Specwar is just about as quite, but not as light or short as some of the higher end ones. Its only limited full auto rated as well. For my purposes (hog hunting) I couldn't justify the extra costs for a higher full auto rated silencer when I'm not going to be doing endless mag dumps. I bought what I could justify for my purpose. I'm not an operator or military and my PD isn't going to let me use it at work, so I bought the best can I could justify. The Specwar will suffice for most people IMO, but if you want the BEST, the Specwar isn't it. It is a GOOD can, but there are smaller lighter cans out there with just as good db ratings, you'll just pay a lot more for it. The Specwar was $825 including tax stamp and everything. If I had more money to burn, I would've gotten a smaller lighter can, but I purchased the Specwar because it was the best I could find in the mid priced range. I haven't gotten it in hand yet, but I did put 200 rounds through it with my SOT and am quite happy with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saker 762 will be head and shoulders above the rest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Saker 762 will be head and shoulders above the rest.
    Based on.......?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    After buying several, I have found silencers to be a complete waste of money for the things I do with guns.

Because of that, I wouldn't buy, or won't buy another, until someone makes a can that meets the following criteria. Most of these features can be found in one can or another, but no one can has them all that I'm aware of.
    -<7" OAL
    -1.5" OD
    -<16 oz (<14 better)
    -7.62 bore
    -muzzle brake mounts in 5.56 and 7.62 with all common thread patterns (AR and AK)
    -flash hider mounts in 5.56 and 7.62 with all common thread patterns (AR and AK)

Basically, bore this out and make mounts in 7.62 that fit it, or lengthen the throat so that it will accept 7.62 mounts.

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=p...roducts_id=166

With a can like that I can spread the waste across many caliber so and many platform systems.

Downloads
    Uploads

556 suppresor Who makes best?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Based on.......?
    Well since everyone else is throwing out opinions based on experience I thought I would play.

AAC rests on their name cool marketing factor and has crappy QD mount but reasonably priced. Surefire great mount tough but certainly not as quiet as many others and elevated price. Tbac well nothing bad to say but a bit too long.....Etc etc there is a compromise with every can put there but having used the. Saker. 556 and seeing the 762 at shot I truly believe it will outperform nearly all of the big names. Nice size, good DB reduction , good mount, decent price.

Not really trying debate this.... Everyone likes what they like and have different likes dislikes and requirements.....that's all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you metered it with your ear and decided to believe their marketing hype over the other guys'.

Gotcha.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i just went with w YHM can, i like the qaulty of their products and the value plus you do not have to buy their mount seperatly..just my 2 cents

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So you metered it with your ear and decided to believe their marketing hype over the other guys'.

Gotcha.
    I love guys like you .....