Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me go take the tin foil off of my head, maybe I can think better....of course you do, don't know what I was thinking when I posted that...
    Sorry,
    FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Let me go take the tin foil off of my head, maybe I can think better....of course you do, don't know what I was thinking when I posted that...
    Sorry,
    FT
    LOL...no worries...we all have those days.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would vote to keep the forum free of general discussion. It would probably be fine, but I don't think it would really add anything to the mix that isn't already covered under the other headings, and I believe that keeping the discussions strictly to weapons and related subjects keeps the drama down.

Let me mention, one of the things I also like about this forum is that it doesn't appear to have sold its soul to advertisers and the media. Yes, I see all the links to other sites, but I can think of one forum whose main page is nothing but a promo for one particular guy. Not to slight that person or any of his activities or products, but if I want to see or buy it, I know of lots of places to go. I don't need to be assaulted by it every time I want to look at new posts on a gun forum. Things are kept pretty clean over here.

Of course, as I say that, the Admin's are probably doing the last coding on the "Weaponevolution.com! Brought to you by Travis Haley and Chris Costa!" main page, lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gentlemen, I enjoy some of the other forums for their "banter". I enjoy this forum for the information. This site is run by professionals - high speed, low drag. I like that a lot !

As we have come to find out, "Change" is not always for the good.

IMHO - this ain't broke, and don't need fixin' (but if you decide to "fix" it - I will hang around )
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Jerry. We are talking about this behind the scenes right now, but there will be restrictions in place if it goes live.

Sent via Tapatalk
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey gents. got to break in my new Mossberg 930 yesterday. blew through the high and low brass with only 2 lil hiccups. probably shot 200 clays with it. gun cycled fine until about the 50th shot then it double feed. no biggie. I was running low brass and expected some issues especially since shes brand new. but after that she ran fine until another 50 or so rounds later when the same thing happened. once again, no biggie. I expected something to give me some sort of hell. but after that I never had an issue. gun ran flawlessly. unfortunately for me I did not perform so well. I can normally hit 85 out of the 90 in each box when using one of my pumps but with this new semi auto I was off my "A" game big time. not sure if maybe the high brass rounds were throwing me off or the gun itself or the sights. but all I know is that the gun was a great purchase and did far better with the low brass than the Remi 1100s and 1187. not to take anything awayway from the Remis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION IS NOW LIVE!

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...?43-The-Lounge
    Wow Stick, I'm gone a couple of days, you build a new forum and fill it up!! I've got a lot of catching up to do! LOL.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't mind seeing a general discussion area, but definitely understand the reasons against having one. I'm among the first to quickly get annoyed with an excess of threads regards politics, religion, etc. It seems that whenever something major happens in the country, anything that is a "general discussion" forums suddenly turns into a "topic of the week" forum and isn't so "general" anymore... it's focused on something arbitrary.

The main reason I would enjoy having general discussion here is that I enjoy other hobbies alongside the firearms field. I'm really into backpacking, and try to mix that with shooting/training whenever I can. I feel like if I want to talk about backpacking backpacks and how they go along with my shooting equipment, though, that I am off topic and that it doesn't belong.

So, I do see both sides of the coin... not sure what the answer is. I do know that a "general discussion" that is run too strictly by site staff is worse than not having one at all. Defeats the purpose if you are afraid to post in it for fear of getting disciplined over something seemingly harmless. For example, what constitutes "politics"? Easy to just say "no politics", but much harder to define where politics begin, and shooting sports and current events end.

Edit: ^^^ Look who didn't read the whole thread.
    -lamarbrog

I sold my Browning High Power because it is a heavy, low-capacity, hammer-biting, magazine disconnecting, stiff manual safetied artifact with uncommon magazines, and it still holds the honored place of being my least favorite pistol I have ever owned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION IS NOW LIVE!

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...?43-The-Lounge

Well, that was unfortunate. and look how quickly it filled up with drivel.

This site is one of the least-stupid on the internet, and lack of a GD was a good portion of the reason for that. I don't get people's obsession with general discussion sections. don't they have friends in real life they can talk to? aren't there already dozens of forums dedicated to politics, chilli, whatever?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET