Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADM Recon X?

Downloads
    Uploads

ADM Recon X?

Hello all,

First post and a question.

I ordered an American Defense Manufacturing Recon X to mount a Millett DMS-1 on my S&W-15T. I didn't even know the ADM existed until a half hour before I ordered as I was planning on getting the Larue SPR-E due to their reputation. I am always partial to the "little guy" so went with the ADM.

I was wondering if I was a little hasty spending that much on a mount when the Larue, for just a little more, has such a solid rep. The ADM hasn't shipped yet and the vendor also has the Larue in stock. So, should I pay the extra $25 and get the Larue SPR-E?

TIA!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ADM Recon X is a great mount. Don't worry, you made a great choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ADM mounts are solid. You won't be disappointed.

Image 1: ADM AD-RECON on my 6.8 Recce:

Image 2: ADM AD-68H & AD-68C on my carbine:

For what its worth, the above mounts replaced LaRue equivalents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply.

I did another google and used different search words ( AD-Recon ). I found out two things

1) People who actually own the mount give it the thumbs up.

2) Very sensitive subject to LT loyal customers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by williamN View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I did another google and used different search words ( AD-Recon ). I found out...

2) Very sensitive subject to LT loyal customers...

Very True.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its amazing the people who try to throw a great product like the ADM stuff under the bus without having any hands on knowledge of it because they own one or two LT items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a lot of brand loyalty crap going around the forums lately from the Larue Vs. ADM (Which has calmed down recently) to the Aimpoint Vs. EOTech (which is the new in thing).

BRD Jerm Guest
    yeah,i try not to comment on the "hot debates",but my .02...

the ADM is nice and i like the idea of having more surface engagement...but i prefer the LT locking mechanism.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This board is a little different than others, and I'll remind people to take a look at the rules just as a refresher for those who may not have browsed them before (#5 in particular).

No slight on anyone here, just a reminder to anyone else who may be reading this and thinking about stirring the pot.

williamN- We are working on a general knowledge thread that may assist people in figuring out what QD mounts will work best for them. In general, I don't think most people pull their mounts on and off enough to see a difference between any of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    Aimpoint Vs. EOTech (which is the new in thing).
    Optics, mounts, rails, brands, barrels, ammo....

People reading things online without knowing the proper context often does more to degrade any factual debates than anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some things are personal preference and the EOTech vs Aimpoint is a prime example. Many people have tried both and picked one over the other. I love the EOTech but I've never used an Aimpoint. I wouldn't say either is superior since I haven't tried both but even if I had declaring one better wouldn't be right. You can give the pros and cons of each but it still falls back to being personal preference.

TS

BRD Jerm Guest
    btw(sorry,i know its a little off-topic but i seem to be having issues with the search feature and i didnt want to start a new thread)...

does the ADM Aimpoint cantilever mount have a place to hold a spare battery?

i thought i had heard that it does,but i cant seem to find it if its there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BRD Jerm View Post
    btw(sorry,i know its a little off-topic but i seem to be having issues with the search feature and i didnt want to start a new thread)...

does the ADM Aimpoint cantilever mount have a place to hold a spare battery?

i thought i had heard that it does,but i cant seem to find it if its there.

It doesn't have a place for a spare battery. With a battery life of 10K, and 50K, and 80K, depending on which model you get, I seriously doubt you will need the extra battery, but it is nice to have.

BRD Jerm Guest
    ML3(50K).

yeah,its not a big deal...im just relieved im not going crazy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm using a 30mm ADM Recon-X on my 3gun rifle and it's working out very well.

Last edited by gotm4; 8 October 2008 at 07:07.
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom