View Poll Results: What Social Media/Networking Outlets to you Frequent?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facebook

13 61.90%
  • MySpace

0 0%
  • Flickr

4 19.05%
  • LinkedIn

6 28.57%
  • Google+

1 4.76%
  • Twitter

2 9.52%
  • Internet Forums

16 76.19%
  • Other

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ignoring friend requests requires no energy, and periodically purging the friends list is no big deal.... pull up the friends list, click away and *poof*, they're gone in 60 seconds.

Lately I have been paying attention to various vendors and now I'm getting updates from Magpul, etc. So far, I've found it to provide some interesting updates, but I have booted a couple of trainers that keep posting their travelogues and other such stuff that I'm not interested in. And, as expected, it's generated some targeted advertising...so jury's still out as to whether or not automatic tracking on Facebook is a good idea. If not, I'll spend another 60 seconds "unliking" those various groups.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    That's a lot of work pruning your friends list all the time. Personally I just hide people as soon as they start posting any kind of negativity. So I may have 100+ so-called "friends" but I only see the activity from people I haven't hidden, effectively limiting my "friends" to about 10 or 20 people.

I just don't like to waste time doing maintenance on my facebook account. For me just hiding people that complain all the time or never post anything useful has been a very simple, fast solution. I still get the benefits of FB without a great deal of BS.

That said, I still see updates from Weaponevolution :-)
    I usually clean up my friends list once a year. Much like what you said, I just hide people's activity for the most part though, especially when I see pictures of their dinner every other night, or 20 pictures of their kid every week. No thanks. I find myself logging into FB less and less as time goes on. It's the same 10 people posting 90% of the garbage on my wall. That coupled with the fact FB lets me see less and less firearm related posts, soon there will be no reason to log in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow didn't know that forums can matched to the facebook cause i assume mostly non-tech persons don't know about forums