Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
Congrats GD, you made it! I know for me, retirement was bittersweet. But at the same time it felt like the entire world was lifted from my shoulders. One thing I saw way to often, was guy's retiring on Monday, then sitting on a barstool at the NCO club on Tuesday, reminiscing about the "good old days". Been in a NCO club once for a Navy friend's retirement party. The good part is you're still young enough to squeeze another retirement in, even if it's an early one. Then you don't even have to get out of bed (that's a weird feeling) until you damn well please.

Seriously, congrats, and thanks for your service!

FT
I really don't ever want to be that guy. I was ready to go (retire), knowing I was going to miss the good things but ready to move past the admin BS. Once going terminal, I had a health issue pop up that I thought was going to set me back months. I was already bored the first week of "getting out of bed when I wanted." Fortunately, it's not quite the issue I thought it might be, but still, I'm ready to get back to work and accomplish something...whatever that might be.