Page 109 of 130 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1941
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Congrats GD, you made it! I know for me, retirement was bittersweet. But at the same time it felt like the entire world was lifted from my shoulders. One thing I saw way to often, was guy's retiring on Monday, then sitting on a barstool at the NCO club on Tuesday, reminiscing about the "good old days". Been in a NCO club once for a Navy friend's retirement party. The good part is you're still young enough to squeeze another retirement in, even if it's an early one. Then you don't even have to get out of bed (that's a weird feeling) until you damn well please.

Seriously, congrats, and thanks for your service!

FT
    I really don't ever want to be that guy. I was ready to go (retire), knowing I was going to miss the good things but ready to move past the admin BS. Once going terminal, I had a health issue pop up that I thought was going to set me back months. I was already bored the first week of "getting out of bed when I wanted." Fortunately, it's not quite the issue I thought it might be, but still, I'm ready to get back to work and accomplish something...whatever that might be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Gator !!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

Caught a decent cell phone shot of the fuzz ball watching the birds. Glory the Vigilant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also a quick cell phone pic of the recent addition to the family. She came from an unsuitable home and was on her way to the shelter when we intercepted her. Name:  20180714_123939~2.jpeg
Views: 221
Size:  172.6 KB

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Also a quick cell phone pic of the recent addition to the family. She came from an unsuitable home and was on her way to the shelter when we intercepted her. Name:  20180714_123939~2.jpeg
Views: 221
Size:  172.6 KB

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    Fantastic! She looks like a good girl! It's awesome seeing dogs that come from less than perfect backgrounds find good homes!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on retirement, Gator!

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I had a health issue pop up that I thought was going to set me back months.
    FAA aerospace medicine is the bane of my existence. I've had my medical issued under "special consideration" the last couple years for hypertension and now get to jump through hoops each time i renew my medical clearance until i retire. Those sadistic pricks love to let you know that you're at their mercy and that they don't HAVE to issues your medical. The bullshit part of it is that my numbers were well within limits BEFORE i was treated. 7 years, 11 months to go...
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Congrats on retirement, Gator!

FAA aerospace medicine is the bane of my existence. I've had my medical issued under "special consideration" the last couple years for hypertension and now get to jump through hoops each time i renew my medical clearance until i retire. Those sadistic pricks love to let you know that you're at their mercy and that they don't HAVE to issues your medical. The bullshit part of it is that my numbers were well within limits BEFORE i was treated. 7 years, 11 months to go...
    I thought I was going to need shoulder surgery, which apparently isn't too big of a deal to the FAA. Unfortunately with the recovery, that would have meant months of recovery while losing currency (and not having a normal paycheck). Thankfully all I need is PT, and I can still safely fly in the interim. Class starts in 3 weeks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's up with your shoulders Gator? I've had both of mine reconstructed. I'm a semi expert on shoulders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Adhesive capsulitis, but only in one. Most of the pain has been taken care of by an injection. Now it's time for PT to make it great again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Adhesive capsulitis, but only in one. Most of the pain has been taken care of by an injection. Now it's time for PT to make it great again.
    That sucks man. Have they done any kind of MRI to make sure nothing is torn?

I hope everything goes well. Physical therapy can be a less than pleasant experience. I've been through more than my share of crap regarding shoulders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    That sucks man. Have they done any kind of MRI to make sure nothing is torn?
    Yup. That's how we're at where we're at.

Pain during PT is just weakness leaving the body.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Puppy and leaves just budding out April 9 2017...

.... August 11

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 16 July 2018 at 06:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup. That's how we're at where we're at.

Pain during PT is just weakness leaving the body.
    If it's of any consequence my right arm got yanked over the back and chicken boned behind my back and all the way around until my right hand was upside down laying on my left pocket.

After reconstruction, a year of immobility, and a year of therapy I definitely don't want to do that shit again.

My PT was a woman about 5'2 and 100 pounds but a still swear she was trying to kill me.

Depends on what the problem is but range of motion exercises just about killed me.

Good luck man. I'm glad nothing is torn in there. It will likely become chronic though from the sounds of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stepping out of my comfort zone a little here and trying a few new things.

Name:  FDS_7853-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  1.74 MB

Name:  FDS_7883-Edit.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  1.75 MB
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Stepping out of my comfort zone a little here and trying a few new things.

Name:  FDS_7853-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  1.74 MB

Name:  FDS_7883-Edit.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  1.75 MB
    Those are brilliant. I love it.

I am just the opposite. Don't take firearms pics worth a #$%#, but other stuff, sometimes I get lucky.