Page 16 of 130 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Looks almost like a heron of some sort, but the neck isn't long and slender like that of a heron. Admittedly I'm no bird watcher, but it is a pretty bird.
    Not all Herons have extremely long necks...
    I thought it might be a Green Heron at first but the colors aren't right. Looks like some type of Heron or Bittern though.

Green Heron (not my pic)

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post

Unsure of what type of bird this is.
    I think I found your culprit.
    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/B...Night-Heron/id

Black-crowned Night-Heron
    Last edited by Pyzik; 9 June 2014 at 12:36.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! Thanks, man. My dad loves to photograph and record birds down where he's living in Brasil and I didn't want to send him this picture without identifying it first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! Thanks, man. My dad loves to photograph and record birds down where he's living in Brasil and I didn't want to send him this picture without identifying it first.
    No problemo!
    I enjoy it myself, just not good at it (yet). Need a bigger lens.
    Yours is a great shot too, BTW.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I took it with my 35mm because that's what I usually throw on for a walking-around lens. The other day I went to the same spot with my 55-200 and all my pictures ended up looking like crap. I think the problem I'm having is I'm shooting wide open and the lens is not the sharpest at that aperture. Combined with forgetting to turn of vibration reduction for shots that don't need it at all, which I've read can cause some sharpness issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also found this website. A list of birds in maryland, and you can search by body shape, and by color. That guy you shot is on the long legged type list

http://www.whatbird.com/birdexpert/S...irdexpert.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads

Picture Thread (Not people or firearms)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Not all Herons have extremely long necks...
    I thought it might be a Green Heron at first but the colors aren't right. Looks like some type of Heron or Bittern though.
    I guess I should have worded it better. Basically what I was getting at is mostly in maryland we see the Great Blue heron. I've never seen any of these little guys. See a CRAP LOAD of osprey and bald eagles. Not to mention the rattlers and copperheads up this way, but I don't tussle with them.

Again, you'll have to excuse me for the out of focus, zoomed in iphone pic, but I am not getting any closer to this guy. Mountain road in western md.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Decided to take my camera on my commute to work through The D. Didn't have time to take many yesterday but this one turned out I think.

Fisher Body Plant 21 by pyzik200, on Flickr

Need to take it on a day I have time to get off the beaten path a little.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's another photo from the WWII Memorial. I took these photos late at night during Memorial Day weekend. This photo was a very personal one to me and I spent most of that night at the WWII memorial reflecting on my grandfather who fought in the Pacific theater.

Long exposure nights shots are some of my favorite types of shots to do, but I rarely have the time or opportunity to do them.

WWII Memorial at Night by Triple Bravo, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful photo TB...thanks for sharing that your grandfather was a vet of the Pacific Theater.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool photo TB.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful shot man.

Downloads
    Uploads

Picture Thread (Not people or firearms)

Three inches of rain tonight in a matter of minutes. Here are some snaps from around my town.

Interstate 70 westbound to the left eastbound on right

Here are a few from in the town itself

And just a few mins later water is running out the window of the house left of the black truck. For reference, in that part of town the sidewalks at a good 2-2.5 feet below street level.

Still supposed to rain all night and all day tomorrow. I MAY be able to get home sometime tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stay safe, man. We've gotten a ton of rain in the past couple of days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stay safe, man. We've gotten a ton of rain in the past couple of days.
    Too much rain. My house is fine, we are out of the way of all the flooding, but living out in the country with all these creeks and streams and even dried up streams, the water floods nearly every road. It's gonna be like roulette trying to get home whether a certain route is passable. Heard that a stream on a road a few miles from my house actually washed the road out, asphalt and all. A few people on the other side of the mountain from me had their cars and sheds washed away and houses flooded. Power is out and there's no telling when that may get fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear your safe Ride4frnt.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa