Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've always been a fan of the Omega Seamaster. This is my Seamaster Professional James Bond.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ATA View Post

I've always been a fan of the Omega Seamaster. This is my Seamaster Professional James Bond.
    I keep drooling over your Seamaster. That's basically what I want.

So... anyone have a line on a Seamaster? Where should I buy? Retail Authorized Dealer ? Online ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I wouldn't mind a sterile Bullfrog from Resco.
    this. its a cheap movement but an awesome watch. all of their watches are

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont need a watch i use the sun as my clock......lol

No really , just never had the money for a nice watch or any watch for that matter.....lol...Im different i guess..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like my $80 Walmart G-Shock. I'm too poor to buy an expensive watch!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I dont need a watch i use the sun as my clock......lol

No really , just never had the money for a nice watch or any watch for that matter.....lol...Im different i guess..
    I'm usually a $200 Luminox guy, but as I get older, I just want obviously not need a nicer watch. The Omega is a nice watch, but obviously it's not in the same price range as a Rolex. Although, if I found a good deal on a Submariner, I'd be tempted. I could swing back to the other side, and be happy with a Tag.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wear a citizen eco-drive watch everyday. For me I personally don't consider it a cheap watch but its not a rolex or tag or tsovet but it is a nice watch that I can wear with a suit or with jeans and it fits the attire.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I keep drooling over your Seamaster. That's basically what I want.

So... anyone have a line on a Seamaster? Where should I buy? Retail Authorized Dealer ? Online ?

Thanks Brother...

I'd say keep an eye on the used market. As long as they have paperwork with it. Avoid places like EBay they are full of fakes. Surprisingly I have seen an occasional deal on the E&E on ARFCOM. On a side note. Incidentally, I prefer Omega over Rolex anyday. My Subamariner is long gone at this point.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I wouldn't mind a sterile Bullfrog from Resco.
    i like their canteen style watch. i wish their newest one wasnt a quartz movement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure why anyone would wear a watch. I have a pretty good sense of what time it is, and I have a phone in my pocket with reminders set for anything important. Is it just a status thing or do you guys like the feeling of wearing one? Seriously asking!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would wear a watch. I have a pretty good sense of what time it is, and I have a phone in my pocket with reminders set for anything important. Is it just a status thing or do you guys like the feeling of wearing one? Seriously asking!
    Not all of us are in a job where we can a) have a cell phone on our person all the time, b) if we can, it may or may not actually work/receive a signal, and/or c) need to know what time it is in a place other than our current location.

Besides the utilitarian aspect, it's just like cars, guns, women, etc... sometimes it's nice to have something with a little style. I enjoy wearing my Omega X-33, but I paid no where NEAR MSRP. I sure wouldn't have one if that's what I had to do. I'd love a Rolex Coca-Cola GMT II (there's that timezone thing again) because I think it looks really sharp and would meet my needs, but it's way too expensive and other, much more cheaper watches do the job (like my Casio G-Shock). Besides, that's money that can be spent on cars, guns, women, etc...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Not all of us are in a job where we can a) have a cell phone on our person all the time, b) if we can, it may or may not actually work/receive a signal, and/or c) need to know what time it is in a place other than our current location.

Besides the utilitarian aspect, it's just like cars, guns, women, etc... sometimes it's nice to have something with a little style. I enjoy wearing my Omega X-33, but I paid no where NEAR MSRP. I sure wouldn't have one if that's what I had to do. I'd love a Rolex Coca-Cola GMT II (there's that timezone thing again) because I think it looks really sharp and would meet my needs, but it's way too expensive and other, much more cheaper watches do the job (like my Casio G-Shock). Besides, that's money that can be spent on cars, guns, women, etc...
    +1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Watches look cool but I'm with MoxyDave on this one. My Tag has been retired for the phone in the pocket and a Motorola XTS 5000 at work.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried the phone route for a while, but would catch myself looking at my blank wrist occasionally if I didn't have my phone on me. This was still happening after about 3 years.
    Finally caved and now I have a Suunto Core that stays on me 24/7.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dave doesn't like anything he can't 3D print.... at least yet.