Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    True jacquard woven Multicam watch strap (no printed garbage that fades), from Bertucci.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need more watches in my life.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oof. I was looking at that on their website just yesterday. But unless my parents want to give that to me as a retirement gift, I don't think it's happening. And I'm pretty sure my wife would just roll her eyes if I mentioned it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I need more watches in my life.
    I'm just the opposite, I could care less what time it is. Keeps me young, I haven't owned a watch since I was 12. I just look at the sun and can get within 15 minutes or so.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I'm just the opposite, I could care less what time it is. Keeps me young, I haven't owned a watch since I was 12.
    Feel about the same way. I've had some decent watches; TAG, Movado and Suunto. I've got enough people reminding me what time it is to really need a status symbol anymore, but if you have the cash then flaunt it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm no sundial and find a watch important in the outdoors, especially near water where my phone likes to swim.

Also a watch works as a compass, if you need one: http://m.wikihow.com/Use-an-Analog-Watch-as-a-Compass

I prefer hands only, no date, no whistles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me personally I could care less what time it is when I'm outdoors near the water.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't consider watches a status symbol. I just appreciate the craftsmanship of a good time piece. Most people I roll with couldn't tell the difference between a Rolex and a Timex, so the wow factor doesn't go far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I don't consider watches a status symbol. I just appreciate the craftsmanship of a good time piece. Most people I roll with couldn't tell the difference between a Rolex and a Timex, so the wow factor doesn't go far.
    Right on.

I like this.

It's the same thing with almost anything for me. Let's face it, I like nice stuff. But status symbol things just based on that (by itself) with no other considerations is meh.

Nothing at all wrong with liking and wanting or appreciating nice stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beyond being accurate, my next ABSOLUTE major priority is to have GMT on the watch...something that's actually getting harder to find on G-Shocks. Next priority is date. If I can get a Julian date, that's cool too but not a major "thing," although I think that will continue to be less of a priority within the next 12 months.

The GMT II meets all but the JD. If someone were to give me one (GMT II), I'm sure I could live with that sacrifice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Most people I roll with couldn't tell the difference between a Rolex and a Timex, so the wow factor doesn't go far.
    Don't know if I believe you, even I can tell the difference.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since this has turned into a watch picture thread....took this today at work for another aviation-based forum. Watch face complete with puppy slobber.