Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Watch suggestions

I'm in the market for a new watch, an everyday watch type watch. What are you guys wearing on your wrists? I've switched back and forth between a Citizen Ecodrive and a Luminox but looking for something nicer now.

i like the Omega Seamaster and Tag Heuer Aquaracer. Suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously, can't go wrong with Omega or Tag. I've never heard anyone say they just didn't like their Omega, ever.

I've grown quite fond of the independent shops over the last couple of years and I'd point you in that direction. I really like Crepas as a brand, as well as Prometheus. If you like a dive watch styled watch, can't go wrong with Doxa either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm too poor for high end watches, but for something different I went with a Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1 which is the blacked out version, solar powered with atomic timekeeping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you looking for a dress, casual, or tactical watch? If you are looking for tactical, check out MTM Tactical Watches or Resco Instruments.

Sent via Tapatalk
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had this old red-letter Submariner since I was in college in the 70's - it functions flawlessly. The Daytona is about 15 years old. Both have been rugged and utterly reliable, and keep excellent time. They've met my every expectation for an EDC watch. Depending on budget, I think it's very hard to argue against Rolex as a rugged, durable watch that keeps excellent time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love both Tag and Omega, I have a Monaco and a Sea Master, but for me at least, they are far too expensive for everyday wear. But depending on your budget you may want to look at Tissot watches, I find them to be just as good in quality as some of the higher end brands, yet at more reasonable prices. My personal EDC is a Tissot T-Touch in polished titanium, ad couldn't be happier with it. Think I paid around $800 for it 6 years ago, still haven't had to change the battery, and it keeps perfect time.

Taken with my iPhone, so not the best pic:

-Los

"I like my weapons like I like my women, slightly dirty, and well lubed."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    Obviously, can't go wrong with Omega or Tag. I've never heard anyone say they just didn't like their Omega, ever.
    Talk to people who have X-33s. I'm one of them, and while I'm glad I have it for nostalgia and emotional reasons, it's been less than a perfect watch. Others have had similar experiences (like buttons popping off). Mine is now suffering from an inability to keep the movement in sync with the digital time. Ironically, someone who I work with that got hers at the same time I did is also having the same issue.

Again, I'm not going to get rid of it, but it's been less than perfect. I'd love to have a Rolex GMT (my personal requirement for any watch is to be able to have two timezones), but I just can't justify the expense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I wear one of two Seikos. I'm saving my money for a Resco. Nothing fancy, just a bullet proof dive watch. http://rescoinstruments.com/
    Hatter

Took a little hiatus... good to be back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Today I wear one of two Seikos. I'm saving my money for a Resco. Nothing fancy, just a bullet proof dive watch. http://rescoinstruments.com/
    I wouldn't mind a sterile Bullfrog from Resco.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out the Marathon watches

http://www.marathonwatch.com/search/category/29

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I've had this old red-letter Submariner since I was in college in the 70's - it functions flawlessly. The Daytona is about 15 years old. Both have been rugged and utterly reliable, and keep excellent time. They've met my every expectation for an EDC watch. Depending on budget, I think it's very hard to argue against Rolex as a rugged, durable watch that keeps excellent time.

Hmac, I do love those Rolex Submariners. A classic design. Probably out of the budget though, unless I can find a decent used one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Talk to people who have X-33s. I'm one of them, and while I'm glad I have it for nostalgia and emotional reasons, it's been less than a perfect watch. Others have had similar experiences (like buttons popping off). Mine is now suffering from an inability to keep the movement in sync with the digital time. Ironically, someone who I work with that got hers at the same time I did is also having the same issue.

Again, I'm not going to get rid of it, but it's been less than perfect. I'd love to have a Rolex GMT (my personal requirement for any watch is to be able to have two timezones), but I just can't justify the expense.
    The ani/digi didn't cross my mind, as it's something I haven't been into. I only hear about the Seamasters or Ploprofs.

I'm with you on the GMT movements, crowns at 2 and 4 are a major point for me as well.

My main two for everyday wear:

Crepas recently did a really nice homage to the old Eterna IDF issue watch called the Tactico TC2. There's a few left I believe new, and if there's any available mid summer, I may try to pick one up.

(not my pic ~ obviously! LOL)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a Traser H3 Chrono Big Date...i really like the watch and can recommend it.
    I bought the version with blue tritium instead of the green version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    The ani/digi didn't cross my mind, as it's something I haven't been into. I only hear about the Seamasters or Ploprofs.
    To be honest, it's not a huge selling point for me, either. But we got such a good deal on that model through their military buyer's program that it was something I figured I could get over pretty quick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only "real" watch I've ever owned...a gift...a Rolex Explorer II...now more than 20 years old: