Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
Not all of us are in a job where we can a) have a cell phone on our person all the time, b) if we can, it may or may not actually work/receive a signal, and/or c) need to know what time it is in a place other than our current location.

Besides the utilitarian aspect, it's just like cars, guns, women, etc... sometimes it's nice to have something with a little style. I enjoy wearing my Omega X-33, but I paid no where NEAR MSRP. I sure wouldn't have one if that's what I had to do. I'd love a Rolex Coca-Cola GMT II (there's that timezone thing again) because I think it looks really sharp and would meet my needs, but it's way too expensive and other, much more cheaper watches do the job (like my Casio G-Shock). Besides, that's money that can be spent on cars, guns, women, etc...

+2

My watch is part of my EDC. I feel naked without it. All my watch are (Analog - Timex Digital - Armitron that have seen better days and lived up to its name). Once I start diving again, Suunto will probably find its way into my watch collection. G-Shock watch will make its way this christmas, hopefully.

Uw77, if price is a big deal, almost all LEO's where I live wear Casio G-Shocks. Granted they have been fairly proven to be abused beyond (Almost like a Glock if i do say so myself).