Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a big fan of Fossils, in fact they're the only watches I wear any more. I'm not a big watch guy in general but they have been plenty rugged and I think they look nice.

Just my $.02
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you ever considered an IWC? Here is my Pilot 3717.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I would revive this a bit.

I never got my Omega Seamaster, as I put that purchase on hold. My old man is turning 70 next year, so to celebrate that mile stone, I've been saving up this last year a little by little, and have most of next year save as well. I plan to get him a watch for his 70th. He's getting a Rolex, so for you Rolex and/or high watch collectors, where do you ultimately go to buy?

I'm thinking either a Submariner, or GMT II

Thanks for the leads. You guys have some great taste in watches.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I never got my Omega Seamaster, as I put that purchase on hold. My old man is turning 70 next year, so to celebrate that mile stone, I've been saving up this last year a little by little, and have most of next year save as well. I plan to get him a watch for his 70th. He's getting a Rolex, so for you Rolex and/or high watch collectors, where do you ultimately go to buy?

I can't afford a real Sub, but I'm a fan of the style. I've got a couple Steinharts that I love. My favorite being the Ocean Vintage Military, which is an homage to the Rolex 5517.

I also have a Christopher Ward C60 Trident that I really like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

can't go wrong with any rolex. submariner is my favorite. but i like them all. there is a guy on the rolexforums that sells them at great prices and is supposedly really reliable if you are looking for a source. pm me if you want as i don't want to spam everyone

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...I can't stand rolex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...I can't stand rolex.
    Well... that seems helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...I can't stand rolex.
    i know what you mean. i hate classic designs that are as attractive today as they were 50 years ago. designs that are copied over and over by watch designers over the years. made by one of the few watch companies that has a significant amount of their production and quality control in house, that sends out all their watches to be COSC certified, id is coveted by both people that want a "tool" watch and people that are "tools" that want a status watch alike. why would anyone want something like that :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Zenith Men's Defy Xtreme Sea Tourbillon El Primero Black Dial Black Titanium? Lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have found Rolex's are jewelery and need to be treated as such. I wear cheap TAG's as a daily watch and have yet to break one. But I must say the new Oyster Sky-Dweller is a work of art.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, I'm no watch expert, but I didn't know there were so many die hard loyalists. I guess that's the way with any item out there I suppose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Asking who makes the best watch is right there with asking who makes the best AR....Arguments are sure to follow. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate to say it but for a work watch I was given a free Casio Pathfinder and it's been probably one of the best watches I've ever had. I quit buying nicer watches because I never think to take them off before I run off and do stupid things then inevitably I end up destroying them. I know a lot of guys who pick up nicer watches and then they end up sitting on a dresser most of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Asking who makes the best watch is right there with asking who makes the best AR....Arguments are sure to follow. LOL
    ^^^ Truth...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem with having a lot of nice watches for me is probably going to be like having a crap ton of AR's.

I'll end up shooting my favorite 2 or 3, and the rest collect dust.

I'd probably end up wearing 1 watch, and the rest would collect dust.

BUT... I'm looking for the old man's watch not mine at this point.