Thread: I need Glass

Topmaul Guest

I need Glass

Gents,
    I am building an AR flat top for 3 gun shooting and need glass. I wanted to go with a red dot but I'm getting older and might need a bit of magnification what do you think. Some kind of varible zoom scope, or one of those 3 x magnifiers for a red dot?

Downloads
    Uploads
    GotM4 should be able to help when he passes through as he does the 3-gun competitions.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    It really boils down to what distances you'll be shooting the most. If 50yds and under I'd say go with a red dot optic like an Aimpoint, EOTech etc. If 0-300yds I'd go for a low powered variable scope like a 1-3x, 1-4x, 1-5x etc. I use a Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5x and typically shoot matches that go to 300yds. Some guys use fixed power ACOGs (4x). I'll be shooting a match in NC in July where we may be shooting past 400yds. I'll likely switch optics just for that match to a 3-9x or 4-12x Leupold.

One of the really hot ticket scopes in 3gun right now is the MeOpta 1-4x K-dot.

Here's what my rifle looks like.

VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Topmaul Guest
    M4,
    Where are you planning to shoot in NC? Would it be the CTI? Or that match down in Fayetteville? I know you have to shoot a long way in that one.

Could you post a link to a Source of supply for those scopes? Thanks.