Downloads
    Uploads

Walther P99 help please!

I have a pre 2004 Walther p99 .40. So basically this means it has a closed rail system, I had an adaptor machined to fit onto the closed rail system so I could add a tactical light to my pistol (streamlight TLR-3) but now I am having a hard time finding tactical holsters that will hold the light and the pistol. My concern with the holsters I have found is that since they are premolded I don't think mine will fit due to the adaptor I placed onto the closed rail system. Does anyone have any advice? Or know where I can find a holster that will fit this set-up?
    Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Abyshai, Welcome to WEVO.

I own pre- and post-2004 P99's, one of which has a TLR-1s mounted to it. I do not know of any aftermarket rail adapters, such as the Surefire MR-series mounts, for the pre-2004 P99's, so finding an OEM holster solution is unlikely. You will need to elicit the services of a custom holster maker to mold your gun/mount/light combo. While I have no doubt a custom leather holster maker will do the job, your best bet might be with the increasing number of kydex holster makers. That route may be your cheapest solution. That said, if none is nearby to you, you may want to ask any you contact whether they have a pre-2004 P99 dummy gun and TLR-3. That way you'd only have to ship to them the mount, or at worse, the mount and the light.

Incidentally, I need to get up to Armordillo Concealment near Tampa, FL; I had prepaid for a holster for my P99QA and TLR-1s. He did not have molds for this model and needed mine to use as a mold.

Can you post photos of the mount, others of the gun with mount and with the light?

Thanks and good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Browcs brought up a great company but I think he may have forgotten about one of their products, the X-fer. It is light spacific, but not weapon specific, meaning if they make one to fit the light that you are running, it will work on any pistol. I have one, and it is amazing. If you have no issue with runing IWB, then this may be the holster for you. http://www.armordilloconcealment.com...ductCode=X-FER
    Ask no Guarantees, ask no security, there never was such an animal.--Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent goat......thanks; truthfully, I did forget that holster.