Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sg330 Guest

Magpul UBR stock help...

Hey guys...I was hoping someone could help me with swapping the QD mounts from the left side of the UBR to the right side. I read and followed the instructions in "Stickman" guide thread on the UBR stock, however, the UBR stock I have doesn't seem to have allen head screws on both sides. It has an allen head screw on one side and a nut on the other. After removing the allen screw and nut, the QD mount seems to be non-removable. I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, but I would greatly appreciate it if you provide any help.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    That UBR thread is based on the prototype UBR, I need to update it with info on the new model.

I'll go grab one of my newer ones and check, be right back. I haven't swapped out any of the new ones yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In checking, mine are ambi-versions, do yours look like this?

sg330 Guest
    No, mine do not look like that. Could it be that mine are the non-ambi versions? If so, where could I find additional QD mounts for the UBR. I've included pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How long ago did you get yours?

ETA- In looking at your pictures, it really looks like that should unscrew, then tap out so you can swap it to the other side.

sg330 Guest
    I got it about a month ago...I've tried taking out the screws and tapping and pulling, they just won't come out.
    Last edited by sg330; 28 June 2008 at 11:45.

sg330 Guest
    Here's a pic of the right side with the screw taken out

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure why its not coming out, you might want to give Magpul a call or email and see what you can do.

sg330 Guest
    I gave magpul a call and the tech guy said that I may have to use a considerable amount of force to get the QD sockets out because they are pressed in tight. Thanks for your help Stickman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds about right, I'm glad they got you solid intel. Do you remember who it was that you spoke with?

sg330 Guest
    No, sorry I don't. I spoke with him on Monday (5/30/08) around 12:00pm pacific time, if that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a big deal, just wondering if it was one of the guys I know. They have got a good crew down there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My question is where can I get a UBR? No one seams to have them in stock.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its going to be a little bit until the next production run is released.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are we talking months or weeks?
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston