Downloads
    Uploads

Job Bob Outfitters 16" Stainless 416 Barrel

Recently, I was able to obtain a Joe Bob Outfitters 16" Stainless Barrel. If you have never heard of Joe Bob or shopped at his online store, you're missing out. Joe Bob provides some of the best service in the industry. The owner himself, answers many of the questions emailed to the shop, that is when he's not busy packing and shipping orders. He's also a down to earth guy with a great sense of humor.

The Barrel is $199.95 from his website. They offer free shipping and an additional 5% off if you are MIL/LE. A pretty good deal, especially during these times. Here are the specs:

*Barrel Length: 16″
    *Gas Block Seat: .750" with a 1.9" gas block seating to allow use of any standard or micro gas blocks
    *Rifling: 1 in 8 Twist Six Groove Button Rifled
    *Weight: 29oz
    *Stainless Steel: 416
    *Light barrel contour under handguard (.680")
    *Heavy barrel contour forward of gas block (.740") to muzzle
    *Feed Ramps: M4 Barrel Extension-Heat Treated & Polished 4140 Chrome Moly
    *Gas System: Mid-length
    *Gas Port Size: .076"
    *Chamber: 5.56MM (Will reliably shoot 5.56 or 223 ammo)
    *Finish: Bright Stainless, CNC machine turned
    *Twist: 1:8 RH
    *Thread Pitch: 1⁄2×28"
    *Engraved "JBO 5.56 NATO 1:8"

I was immediately noticed the finish of the barrel. It's on the shiny side, and the appearance reminds me of the BCM 410 Stainless Barrels. The following parts were used to finish the upper build:

BCM Stripped Upper
    BCM Gunfighter Mod4 Charging Handle
    Centurion Arms C4 12" Rail
    Joe Bob Outfitters Premium BCG
    Rainier Arms Match Gas Block

An AAC 18T Blackout was also used, as I wanted to see how it would shoot suppressed.

To finish off the build, I used an existing Seekins Billet lower, and a Trijicon TR24 optic. Magpul MBUS sights were also added.

My first trip to the range, I put 420 rounds down range. I did not do any accuracy testing at this time, as I just wanted to make sure the gun functioned 100%. Job Bob told me that they used slightly larger .076 Gas Ports to allow the barrel to shoot all types of ammo. The slight overgassing was a compromise. I did not have any FTF or FTE's during the first 420 rounds. It was a mix of PMC, UMC, and Wolf 55gr ammo.

My second trip to the range, was cut short due to time, but I managed to put down 230 rounds all suppressed with an AAC M4-1000 Again no FTF or FTE's.

I'll update this once, I can do some accuracy testing, but match ammo has been hard to come by. So far the barrel has performed as expected. No malfunctions and combat/patrol accurate for my tastes. Stay tuned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another 210 rounds down range without a hiccup. I also shot several groups at 100 and 200 yards with Black Hills 69gr and 77gr match ammo. Once I get the pictures processed this week, I'll put them up. It's safe to say that the barrel is more accurate than I am.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are the results at 100 yards:

You'll have to forgive me, as the Optic (Trijicon Accupoint TR24R) was not dialed in since I used 2 uppers. The Trijicon also had a triangle reticle, because I forgot to grab my German Dot version instead (the one pictured above). The 7 MOA Triangle is obviously not the best for groups/accuracy.

Top right hand target was 55gr Remington FMJ (Standard plinking ammo) 1.7" Group Bottom right hand target was 69gr Black Hills Match 1.5" Group Middle target was 77gr Black Hills Match 1.3" group

For the hell of it I used the Chrome Moly barrel for the last 2 targets:

Top left hand target 69gr Black Hills Match 1.2" Group Bottom left hand target 77gr Black Hills Match 0.7" Group

Joe Bob's Chrome Moly Barrel is a bargain is surprised me with it's accuracy at 100 yards. It's one of the few bargains left at $149.99 Pretty impressed with the Chrome Moly... sub-MOA capable barrel with match ammo and a mediocre shooter. Now back to the Stainless Barrel...

Downloads
    Uploads
    200 Yards

Top left hand target 77gr Black Hills Match 1.4" group Bottom left hand target 77gr Black Hills Match 1.4' group Middle 77gr Black Hills Match 1.1" group

Top right hand target 69gr Black Hills Match 1.2" group

I wish I had more ammo and time to test out the Chrome-Moly at 200. Maybe next time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another 210 rounds down the pipe. I had 2 hiccups the first magazine, but that's because the BCG was bone dry. I had 2 FTF's. No issues after it was lubed.