Downloads
    Uploads

Lucked Out Again!

A couple of months (maybe 3) ago, I couldn't find reloading components to save my life (I'm sure everyone here is aware why), was going through a storage closet and found a 1K box of 5.56 LC Brass that I had ordered and somehow shoved in the corner of the closet and forgot. I was ecstatic. I've never been what you'd call a really lucky guy, and I figured that would be my share of "luck" or karma or whatever for a while.

Was poking around in top of same closet today, and over in a dark corner I saw something I (thought) I recognized immediately.

It couldn't be, but yes it was, even in the dim, almost dark light, I could make out the stack of tan plastic wrappers. 10 brand new PMAG's, unopened, stacked neatly in corner and hidden behind another box.

I knew Obama was going to start his big gun grab in his 2nd term. He couldn't afford the bleed-off of his supporters, who are also gun owners, so he'd wait until he got a second term and nothing to lose. So, every now and then, when I was at my favorite local store, I'd buy 1 or 2 hundred rounds of 5.56, and a couple of mag's or so. I'm sitting pretty on top of ammo, and a box of mag's but finding 10 more still in the wrapper was a big deal to a guy like me who just never gets a lot of "good" surprises.

Here's the kicker: PRICE TAG ON MAGS? $16.95 - man that seems like a long time ago....

FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is awesome...unfortunately I don't have any hidey holes to stash stuff away, but glad to see that you lucked out!
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    That is awesome...unfortunately I don't have any hidey holes to stash stuff away, but glad to see that you lucked out!
    One day soon I'm going to have to do a thorough search of my house and tool room/storage room. I'm not a hoarder by any means, but I'm always buying stuff, then putting off a project, or in this case just readying for the future. I thought I had all of my mags in a box and take a few to the range with me as I need them. I'd been buying 2 or so mags every now and then. I just stuck them up in the closet, and forgot about them. I don't know what the hell I might have stashed around, there's really no telling. But I seriously doubt that I'll see a $16.95 price tag on PMAG's again, or at least anytime soon... and I think I've just about used up all of my luck for one lifetime...

FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a similar find today. I stopped at the post office to check my PO Box and found that one of my Brownells orders from over 5 months ago had arrived. 20 Pmags that I forgot I had ordered were waiting for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I had a similar find today. I stopped at the post office to check my PO Box and found that one of my Brownells orders from over 5 months ago had arrived. 20 Pmags that I forgot I had ordered were waiting for me. :D
    Wow, I bet that was a kick in the butt....ha..ha..ha.. congrat's, guess that made your day. I was thinking about my find, and I guess my post was a real yawwwwwnner for most, but I just don't get that lucky like a lot of folks, and hell, you top me 2X...
    All kidding aside, I bet that was a pleasant surprise. Congrats..

FT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eric -

Similar to your surprise, yesterday I received an email that my DSG PMAG order form long ago has shipped. Maybe not luck but definitely a nice surprise. They didn't ship them with a note that said "Don't worry about payment, these are on us." Now that would be lucky!

FT -

Dude. I don't know what to say about your deal. That's like my grandmother finding her serving dish stored away inside the microwave with the TV remote. You might need to see a doctor :joking: That's better than finding a hundred dollar bill in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn in a while. NICE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodman24 View Post
    Eric -

Similar to your surprise, yesterday I received an email that my DSG PMAG order form long ago has shipped. Maybe not luck but definitely a nice surprise. They didn't ship them with a note that said "Don't worry about payment, these are on us." Now that would be lucky!

FT -

Dude. I don't know what to say about your deal. That's like my grandmother finding her serving dish stored away inside the microwave with the TV remote. You might need to see a doctor :joking: That's better than finding a hundred dollar bill in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn in a while. NICE!
    Did someone say something? I forgot...... Oh, my remote control? Haven't seen that thing in months...I'll check the vegie chiller in the fridge...
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 3 May 2013 at 14:48.