Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Centurion Arms CMR rails do not come with any rail sections, which is nice if you are like me and don't want extra stuff thrown in you aren't going to use. If I need rails, covers, spices, drink mixes or anything else, I'll buy them on my own. Nothing is free, it is all added into the cost of the products.

In this case, Centurion Arms will have a very low profile 1913 rail section out in a few months, but for anyone who wants to go cheap, get it now, or already has Magpul plastic rails floating around, this trick works great.

The two hole polymer Magpul MOE section lines up perfectly with the CMR rail (the 3 screw does not). Using 8/32 screws, screw the polymer section in, and you are good to go!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know who around MD does the work to change my current centurion arms upper (see picture)

to one like the one on the bottom of Stickman's picture below? How much would I be looking at in parts and labor if anyone knows?
    As I see it, I'd have to get the BC1.5 removed, the current C4 rail taken off, the front sight shaved down, the CMR put on and then a new BC1.5 put on and welded. Oh, and I'd have to get a front sight. Did I miss anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know who around MD does the work to change my current centurion arms upper (see picture)

to one like the one on the bottom of Stickman's picture below? How much would I be looking at in parts and labor if anyone knows?
    As I see it, I'd have to get the BC1.5 removed, the current C4 rail taken off, the front sight shaved down, the CMR put on and then a new BC1.5 put on and welded. Oh, and I'd have to get a front sight. Did I miss anything?
    From what you describe, your Battle Comp 1.5 is pinned and welded. For the cost of un-pinning/welding ($50), buying a new battlecomp ($155) then paying someone to shave the FSP ($???) and another pin/weld ($30) you're probably half way to a new upper. If I were you, I'd keep your current setup as it's a 14.5 w/ Perm'ed BattleComp, and just start with a new upper. You're already buying a CMR rail as it is, so really for just a few more dollars you can have another upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hadn't thought of it that way, UWone77. I'll probably eventually go down that path, thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,

Do you think the 14" CMR will completely cover the gas block on a rifle length gas system like on an 18" SPR type?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post
    Stick,

Do you think the 14" CMR will completely cover the gas block on a rifle length gas system like on an 18" SPR type?
    Yes, it should.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish more companies made a modular FSP cut out free float.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I wish more companies made a modular FSP cut out free float.
    Or how about a FSP middy cutout 14"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will the 12.5" CMR fit behind the fixed A2 front sight post of a traditional 20" rifle barrel?

Similarly,. could you use the 12.5" CMR in conjunction with a rifle length SPR barrel and a VLTOR front folding sight/gas block?