Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Any pix available of this rig ? Sounds very interesting.

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bravo Computalotapus! That holster looks really nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm far from a photographer, but this is what I'm rocking off duty these days.

It makes the 26 virtually disappear under most tshirts. Now to find the wife a holster for her 42...
    Last edited by DutyUse; 17 September 2014 at 18:03. Reason: bad link

Downloads
    Uploads
    My attempt at making a minimalist IWB holster.. I call it the "Targa Top Minimalist"

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice as well there Computer-Octopus guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by browcs View Post
    Very nice as well there Computer-Octopus guy.
    Thanks. Had a couple people say that with this setup you can't reholster. Well when I went to make it I thought about it and think I found a way around it so I had to post this. Please don't poke fun at my spare tire....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U7GoNP4fVM
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed..nice job on the holster Comp..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice looking rig. One question - I'm a little curious as to why you cut more off the ejection port side.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Very nice looking rig. One question - I'm a little curious as to why you cut more off the ejection port side.
    Once I decided not to do a full taco style holster it was just a matter of where I wanted the lines at. And actually the angle helps for reholstering the weapon, with the angle the weapon naturally opens the holster back up from the pinched close position. I felt if anything above the ejection port would hinder the weapon from opening the holster back up for reholster. Also anything covering the ejection port you might as well just do a regular taco style holster. Anything cut below the slide I might as well just order a Xfer holster from Armordillo Concealment. I have to give a lot of the credit to Armordillo Concealment, Thinkfast Holsters, and Red Eye Tactical for helping me along my kydex adventure. Those guys have answered so many questions about holster making for me that it isn't funny.

For me personally I don't like the feel of a full taco holster for IWB carry and would much rather just carry a nice pancake OWB and just wear a bigger shirt. I do however like the bare bones minimalist feel of a trigger guard only style holster. I feel like this is a good in between design. I didn't come up with the design I just added my own lines to it. Everyone that I have seen with this style holster usually come up about halfway on the slide. I felt coming up further on the slide to let the kydex wrap around the top of the slide gives the weapon a snug hold into the holster but that is just me thinking for the weapon haha.

Now that you have asked that question I see the line you are probably thinking about. I will make another one tonight make the cut behind the infinity symbol and go down to the line between the slide and frame, bring it up just past the slide takedown locks and make the angle to the softloop. I will post it up later tonight. Thanks Jerry for the idea :)
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Polite Society custom IWB . Due to the bulk I had it built to carry small of the back, draw right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a beastly wheel gun
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    That is a beastly wheel gun
    Yes, yes she is but totes much better than you would think. I mainly use for early season scouting trips checking sign and when I go fishing. I do occasionally CC it when I go out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Explanation makes a lot of sense Comp - thanks. Looking forward to tonight's pix - "Film at 11"
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just picked up a Raven in grey (exclusive to Deliberate Dynamics) for a G19 with X300U. Love the holster - its my 3rd Raven, and I really hope they start offering grey as a regular option. I say that because I have a few of the no longer in production X300's (170 lumen). The holster is only available currently for the Ultra. It's backwards compatible, but the holster is now as far below my belt as my G21 with X300.

The light in the picture is the new tan X300U.

Downloads
    Uploads

Blackhawk

I have a blackhawk holster for my Ruger SR9C and it conceals it very nicely.