Ever since I was a kid I had always had the problem of having overly sweaty hands. It's a huge issue when it comes to grabbing smoother items, especially during tense situations.

Over the years, I've tried using other methods of increasing friction with the magazines I've used. For the longest time I tried using Grip Tape, TEGS, and some other friction based tape that I can't recall the brand of. These methods work wonders, don't get me wrong but my original issue of sweaty hands was never resolved. After a few uses the sweat on my hand would eat through the adhesives and eventually the backing or tape would peel away.

One day, I was browsing some videos on vimeo when i ran into this It's a video of a man who stippled his father's face onto a piece of paper using 3.2 million dots.

Later that evening, while browsing another forum, I noticed that some pictures of people's handguns and magazines after they had stippled them. I put the two together and figured that it's something I wouldn't mind doing, but I figured it was gonna be time consuming, so I put it off...

...Then The Walking Dead finished off it's season, freeing up 2 hours of my time. I chose the Japanese designs for my mags because the patterns were repetitive enough to look appealing and still provide enough grip for my fingers while they sweat. I tend to look for something that's going to have swirls as the circles tend to work for me, do what works for your- the first mag I stippled had the face of my chihuahua on it, it's your plastic- do what you need or want with it.

Here's the step by step on how to stipple magazines *and whatever other plastic you'd like to texturize.

Materials Needed: 1 soldering iron. Patience. 1 Pencil. 1 Eraser. Good music. Several Alcohol Prep Pads. Gloves (optional)

*please note: I, nor WEVO, is responsible for any damage you do to your property or yourself.

1. If using a pattern, draw it on a your UNLOADED magazine using the pencil. This will not prevent accidents from happening, but it can make the whole job easier.

2. Plug in the Soldering Iron and begin stippling. It's literally as easy as moving the soldering iron up and down.

3. Once you're done with your design, use the alcohol prep pads to remove any pencil marks. This step isn't necessary.

4. If you find that you hate what you've made, go ahead and just stipple the whole thing. The whole point of the project was to add texture anyway, the cool-guy design is just an option.

*Remember to keep the movement up and down if you're trying to come up with a certain image. An angle might make it more scaly, which can be kinda cool as well if you're a fan of the Game of Thrones.
*Don't go in too deep, many times just the tip is enough to get the job done. If you press to hard, you may overdo the procedure and overmelt the areas around the dots, the raised area becomes weak and will come off easily, leaving nothing but dots (which still may look cool, but won't add as much texture as the raised areas.)
*I highly recommend trying this on an old useless piece of plastic, maybe an old remote to a VCR or something.