Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

S.O. Tech Go Bag Extended as a Weapons Case Review (Pic Heavy)

There has been some talk here about the new S.O. Tech Go Bag Extended as a weapons case. I got one some time ago and after some polite urging I did a review of it.
    First of all I wanted a low-vis weapons case. I had an Eagle DC-CAR-15-LE and realized that that everyone else also had one. So that was not very low-vis. I like the idea of the S.E.R.T. C3 (COMPACT CARBINE CASE), I am just not going to wait for an unknown amount of time when someone has my money. So I looked around and when the S.O. Tech Go Bag Extended with SGB-X Padded Insert came out I jumped on it.
    My first impression of the bag was, “How will my M4 fit into that”? After messing around with it for a few minutes I was amazed with the design. Besides breaking down your rifle every time you put it up it is great. There is plenty of storage and the quality is that typical of S.O. Tech, GREAT.
    The rifle is a 14.5 Noveske Afgan with a Vortex Flash Hider and a MagPul CTR Stock. If you have and specific questions that I did not cover feel free to ask. Here are some pics:

This is the front view with 2 TT Accessory Pouch 1V ont eh right side and a BHI Hydro Carrier on the left.

Right side of the bag.

Back of the bag with the strap undone (part that goes next to your body)

Back of the bag with the double zipper open so you can see the SGB-X Padded Insert.

The insert is “S” folded in the bag. Top of the “S” is folded back.

Next part of the “S” is unfolded

Inside of the bag with the SGB-X Padded Insert removed. There is a long pocket on the down side.

On the side walls there is a pocket on each side. The pocket has one zipper but is cut in half.

Other side wall zipper pocket. I have my cleaning kit, earplugs, and miscellaneous small items in these. These pockets are accessible when the bag is completely closed up.

The two built in pouches are large enough to hold 4 PMags with MagPuls and they don’t rattle around. A fifth one could fit but it would be hard to get them out.

Gratuitous Noveske N4 pic.

Over all I have to say that I am very happy with this bag as a weapons case. Loaded up with ammo and gear and it is still not that bad to carry because of the extra wide strap.
    Last edited by docsherm; 6 July 2008 at 17:09.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston