Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

S.O. Tech Go Bag Extended as a Weapons Case Review (Pic Heavy)

There has been some talk here about the new S.O. Tech Go Bag Extended as a weapons case. I got one some time ago and after some polite urging I did a review of it.
    First of all I wanted a low-vis weapons case. I had an Eagle DC-CAR-15-LE and realized that that everyone else also had one. So that was not very low-vis. I like the idea of the S.E.R.T. C3 (COMPACT CARBINE CASE), I am just not going to wait for an unknown amount of time when someone has my money. So I looked around and when the S.O. Tech Go Bag Extended with SGB-X Padded Insert came out I jumped on it.
    My first impression of the bag was, “How will my M4 fit into that”? After messing around with it for a few minutes I was amazed with the design. Besides breaking down your rifle every time you put it up it is great. There is plenty of storage and the quality is that typical of S.O. Tech, GREAT.
    The rifle is a 14.5 Noveske Afgan with a Vortex Flash Hider and a MagPul CTR Stock. If you have and specific questions that I did not cover feel free to ask. Here are some pics:

This is the front view with 2 TT Accessory Pouch 1V ont eh right side and a BHI Hydro Carrier on the left.

Right side of the bag.

Back of the bag with the strap undone (part that goes next to your body)

Back of the bag with the double zipper open so you can see the SGB-X Padded Insert.

The insert is “S” folded in the bag. Top of the “S” is folded back.

Next part of the “S” is unfolded

Inside of the bag with the SGB-X Padded Insert removed. There is a long pocket on the down side.

On the side walls there is a pocket on each side. The pocket has one zipper but is cut in half.

Other side wall zipper pocket. I have my cleaning kit, earplugs, and miscellaneous small items in these. These pockets are accessible when the bag is completely closed up.

The two built in pouches are large enough to hold 4 PMags with MagPuls and they don’t rattle around. A fifth one could fit but it would be hard to get them out.

Gratuitous Noveske N4 pic.

Over all I have to say that I am very happy with this bag as a weapons case. Loaded up with ammo and gear and it is still not that bad to carry because of the extra wide strap.
    Last edited by docsherm; 6 July 2008 at 17:09.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Moved to User Submitted Review Section

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few questions. How thick is the padded insert? Do you have any close up's of the stitching and the seams from the inside? It looks like they are double stitched.

Also, where can you get the bag? S.O. Tech's website is difficult to browse. They seem to have the Go Bag but not the Extended listed on their site. I haven't heard of any of their Dealers either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jeffy-

Yes it is double stitched. The pad is .5 inches thick and the way it folds the parts are really protected. You can get the bag at:
    http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?Page...OD&ProdID=1665

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish SKD would have them in stock. They had Multi-cam but I'm not a Multi-cam sort of guy. Then they disappeared again.

It looks like this is their official store; http://sotechsnipergear.com Shipping is a bit high though, $10 for the bag and another $10 to ship the insert.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will a 16" carbine broken down fit into this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
    Will a 16" carbine broken down fit into this?
    +1, that would be "THE" bag for me if it could hold a 16" barreled upper with a birdcage flash hider

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one that I carry a broken down Colt 6933 in. Grat back, but I wish they made the same exact back in "Civi" colors, sans the MOLLE exterior. Kinda the "Walmart/Dicks Folding Chair look"

Cav Arms has one that doesn't have the pockets, but is much longer.

Which brings me to a 16" rifle in the SO Tech bag. I am told no. (don't have a 16" upper around right now)

The internal dimension is 22" if that helps
    Factory Certified Armorer: Benelli, Beretta, Bushmaster, Colt, Glock, H&K, Remington, Ruger, SigArms, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hojutsu View Post
    I have one that I carry a broken down Colt 6933 in. Grat back, but I wish they made the same exact back in "Civi" colors, sans the MOLLE exterior. Kinda the "Walmart/Dicks Folding Chair look"

Cav Arms has one that doesn't have the pockets, but is much longer.

Which brings me to a 16" rifle in the SO Tech bag. I am told no. (don't have a 16" upper around right now)

The internal dimension is 22" if that helps
    I figured the only way to hold a 16" barrel would be to place the upper going diagonaly V.s. straight in the bag, but 22" would be a tight squeez. The original go back is 20" in the main internal compartment, but the extended said 3" longer than the go back. So doing the math I figured it would be 23" in the main compartment, but if you say 22", than I dono if I could squeez that on in

T3550N Guest
    Reviving this thread, if I may.
    The longest dimension of my broken down 6721 is just under 25".
    So if the internal dimension of the standard SO Tech bag is 22" then 3 more inches would get me to 25".

In case this option isn't viable, does anyone have further input on truly discreet cases?

T3550N Guest
    I emailed a retailer about this subject today asking if the S.O. Tech Go Bag EXTENDED would work for a Carbine Length AR type rifle (eg Colt 6721) if the upper and lower are separated.

He said it would.

So I guess there's the answer. Just thought I'd share.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I have been off the net for a while, internet sucks in Afghanistan. I have put a 16" upper and lower in the bag. It is a tight fit but it will work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The bags are on clearance sale now -

http://specopstech.com/newwebsite/co...81932cfe8882cb

Just ordered a Coyote Brown and an insert - 107 w/ shipping