Downloads
    Uploads

Tuesday, June 6, 1944

Today in 1944, many within our "Greatest Generation" stormed several beaches in Normandy, France to free France and the rest of Western Europe from the tyrannical murderous grip of Nazi Germany. God bless those men...they were giants. Sadly, but naturally, many are gone. As each month goes by, less of them remain with us. Keep them in your memory as well as the heroic act of facing the enemy on a long stretch of beach to liberate the people of Europe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Sir for the post. I call my Dad pretty much daily to check on him. June 6th he asked, "Do you know where I was 59 years ago?". The significance of the day completely blew by me and I said, "No. Where?". His response ---- Omaha Beach. He was in Patton's 3rd and had four major campaigns including Normandy and The Bulge. Dad will be 89 this November and he said there are only a few Men left from his company. "Greatest Generation" is very appropriate. He lives at home, drives everywhere he wants to go, and is still on the active Deacon list at his church. God Bless them all !
    Last edited by Jerry R; 11 June 2013 at 11:40.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"