Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get it. They hosed you and you bought another BCG from them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brownells has a solid return policy as opposed to RCA so if he has a problem, he can always return it no questions asked.
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard Feynman

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still holding out hope for a successful exchange through Rubber City. I have emailed the president of the company with a brief explanation of the problem. I'm hoping he'll help.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk 4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Brownells has a solid return policy as opposed to RCA so if he has a problem, he can always return it no questions asked.
    Still, why would you support a company that screwed you over?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    Still, why would you support a company that screwed you over?
    Good question.

For one thing, I now have videotaped proof that not all RCA bolts are the same. I will send the video to them if they continue to say there's no problem with the bolt.

Also, I'm not comfortable taking Mr Cerino's advice to sell the BCG to someone else. I don't want to just pass problem parts on to the next guy. Now it might be that the bolt will fit fine for someone else but what if it doesn't?

RCA needs to be aware of the problem and be held accountable until they make it right. Customer service is everything in the over-saturated AR market. If RCA can't figure that out they don't deserve to stay afloat in my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay. I've been in contact with Cerino via email and I sent him a link to the video posted above. He wants me to send the BCG back again for inspection. I'll get it shipped ASAP and will update when I've got more news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The BCG went out this morning via priority mail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Good question.

For one thing, I now have videotaped proof that not all RCA bolts are the same. I will send the video to them if they continue to say there's no problem with the bolt.

Also, I'm not comfortable taking Mr Cerino's advice to sell the BCG to someone else. I don't want to just pass problem parts on to the next guy. Now it might be that the bolt will fit fine for someone else but what if it doesn't?

RCA needs to be aware of the problem and be held accountable until they make it right. Customer service is everything in the over-saturated AR market. If RCA can't figure that out they don't deserve to stay afloat in my opinion.

It's pretty clear that the customer is the problem in their opinion. Why not buy a DPMS to put that bcg in so you can help two companies at once? Seriously, id just write them off like Cerino told me to do.

I'm sending my problem RCA bolt to another company to dissect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let us know what your company finds out after they've inspected it.

I am not ready to give in to RCA. The bolt carrier group was close to $200 and I'm not ready to write that money off just yet. I could, as you did, buy a new bolt to use in the carrier but I'll probably throw the bolt in the trash and sell the carrier if it doesn't work this time.

Last edited by usbp379; 6 October 2013 at 07:19.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am not ready to give in to RCA. The bolt carrier group was close to $200 and I'm not ready to write that money off just yet. I could, as you did, buy a new bolt to use in the carrier but I'll probably throw the bolt in the trash and sell the carrier if it doesn't work this time.

The carrier really is nice, imo

Downloads
    Uploads
    The new bolt carrier group has arrived. This one appears to be slightly different in that it has a nitrided firing pin rather than the chromed pin that was in the other set-up. The carrier key is nicely staked.

I haven't dropped it into my 300 AAC Blackout yet but will see how it fits this afternoon. Hopefully this will resolve any issue and I'll be good to go. I'll update ASAP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok,
    My guy just came in and told me what’s what with your bolt…Everything is within spec…but it’s either minimum spec or maximum spec, which shouldn’t cause an issue…but may. The cam pin hole is slightly under size, but that comes from the coating.
    *The company who performed this service for me will not be disclosed publicly or privately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a quick video update:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a quick video update:

Doesn't really matter. Mine did that, too. Try to load a round into the chamber and that's when you have issues. Mine would even load okay, but you try to administratively clear it, and both my factory Noveske and Daniel Defense took all but mortaring to get the round out. That's from HAND cycling SLOWLY. I can only imagine trying to make clear after a drill when the round was crammed in there under normal cycling.

What really bothers me is all of the "across the board" specs on the stuff they are putting out. Why do some bolts work, some don't, etc.? Their tolerances must be massive to allow such variance.

Here is another issue, one with potential safety concerns:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/6...eadspace_.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not yet tried shooting the rifle with the new bolt in.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk