Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow... That is an extremely unprofessional response. If they don't offer you a full refund at this point I hope you used a credit card so you can stop payment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting the bolt won't cam into full lock-up in my CMMG 300BLK (what I bought it for) nor in a Ruger (RCA bolt put in Ruger carrier) but it will fit in a Colt 6920. I assume it is on the long side of being in spec. Still, I'm a little taken aback by Cerino's response. I guess I'll contact the vendor I bought it from and see if I can't get a refund.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk 4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope. No dice from the vendor. They do not accept returns.

Anyone want to buy an unused RCA bolt carrier group?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Mr Cerino sent the BCG back with this note.

I have no words... other than WOW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had issues with the last bcg from them I got, as well. I was treated similarly. I had to apply a lot more force than appropriate to administratively clear my Noveske and Daniel Defense rifles after chambering a round. Nearly required mortaring. I was told "maybe you should just write us off" until I told him what the bolt lugs miced, and he agreed to swap bolta. I never did. Just wrote them off. The carrier is nice, though, but screw them.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=134889
    Last edited by JGifford; 16 September 2013 at 00:42.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With such poor hand writing he should learn to type.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is unacceptable on their end, i would be pissed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received a NiB bolt and carrier today from Parallax Tactical. The parts fit in my 300BLK without issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received similar attitude for a similar problem (bolt VERY sticky when a round is chambered. Almost had to mortar to unload). Won't be buying more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received a NiB bolt and carrier today from Parallax Tactical. The parts fit in my 300BLK without issue.

So basically after the handwritten note, there was no offer of a refund or exchange... just a sorry, sell the out of spec BCG to someone else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So basically after the handwritten note, there was no offer of a refund or exchange... just a sorry, sell the out of spec BCG to someone else?
    Afraid so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I received similar attitude for a similar problem (bolt VERY sticky when a round is chambered. Almost had to mortar to unload). Won't be buying more.
    Any offer of exchange or refund? If so, I wonder what I did to piss Cerino off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of the craziest things I've seen in a long time when it comes to customer relations and needs. That letter is one of the most amateurish things I've ever seen, and I've seen some really bad stuff go down, in that regard.
    Second, you mentioned that the bolt needed lubed and the bolt scraped, two things contrary to the manufacturers claims.

I haven't scraped a bolt since I discovered NiB. I was hyped when I saw the first post or two, but I'm sure glad that I read the whole thread through before I ordered one. It appears Spikes NiB are like everything else, backordered for eternity. Can't find a reputable NiB bolt.

Anyway, thanks for posting the picture of the letter, now I know not to walk, but run, from these foks.

FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any offer of exchange or refund? If so, I wonder what I did to piss Cerino off.

He offered to echange the bolt after i mic'ed it while talking to him and indeed it varied dimensionally from the ones he had. I decided I would rather not deal with it so i just ate the $200. However, the carrier is very nice.

He did go on and on about how people are picky, hes never had issues with problem parts they send in, and at one point told me "we will honor the warranty but maybe you should just write us off."
    So...I have.
    I had no desire for a replacement bolt from them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered another bolt carrier group from Brownell's and tried it in my 300BLK. The one I just received fits normally in the upper with no issues.

Here's a short I made with my cell phone. Note that the first BCG won't fully seat.