Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Gear

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Range Gear

Post what you bring to the range.

I like to train as I fight. It was once said practice should be bloodless war and war should be bloody practice.
    "SHOW ME A MAN THAT WILL JUMP FROM A AIRPLANE, AND I WILL SHOW YOU A MAN THAT WILL FIGHT" ~ LTG GARVIN ~ COMMANDER 82ND ABN DIV WWII

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice Gear... How about a break down of what you have there?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Key piece of equipment. Otherwise, I bring the usual range bag, ammo bag. Targets we keep in a little shed on the premises.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The brake down of my gear.

1) OD Shamag
    2) 5.11 combat shirt
    3) Tag triple pistol mag pouch
    4) Eagle IND. vest
    5) Eagle IND. warbelt W/ cobra inner
    6) Gerber ar15 tool
    7) SOF-T
    8) HSGI Taco pouch
    9) Condor dump pouch
    10) Spec-ops med pouch (IFAK)
    11) Gerber ASAK
    12) Blackops RaptorII holster
    13) Condor gadget pouch
    14) HSGI blowout (IFAK)
    15) Eagle IND. Molle backpack
    16) 5.11 Combat pants
    17) TR Kiowa boots
    18) Eagle mag pouch w/ Pmags
    19) Blackhawk hat
    20) BDS admin pouch
    21) Surefire helmet light

My weapons: Delton DTI-15 and Ruger SR9
    "SHOW ME A MAN THAT WILL JUMP FROM A AIRPLANE, AND I WILL SHOW YOU A MAN THAT WILL FIGHT" ~ LTG GARVIN ~ COMMANDER 82ND ABN DIV WWII

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seemed like the appropriate place. Picked up the Rainier Arms Range bag last weekend when it was in the email blast. Great bag!

Name:  GGG-RA Bag1.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  677.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

Range Gear

I would consider their range bag if it had discrete branding, like the mountain on the zipper and no other logos. Maybe some red stitching. As it is, RA would do well to make products look less like marketing swag. Even the packages I receive have their bold logo on it, which screams at my blue county federal postal worker.

That said, let's see a bag review. What's it like on the inside? How well thought out is the layout?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I would consider their range bag if it had discrete branding, like the mountain on the zipper and no other logos. Maybe some red stitching. As it is, RA would do well to make products look less like marketing swag. Even the packages I receive have their bold logo on it, which screams at my blue county federal postal worker.

That said, let's see a bag review. What's it like on the inside? How well thought out is the layout?
    This one is much less than others for sure. I've never minded their branding even before my affiliation. I'll see what I can do as far as a review. Don't have much basis to compare but ill get some shots and give you a full view of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

I've been saying this for years.

They need to just have their mountain logo on things like this. People in the "know" will recognize it, others will not give a second thought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My discreet range bag:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed. I leave my house with an old Sam Ash guitar gig-bag and a small tool satchel with the logo's removed.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My other discreet bag is a B&D case for an extended electric hedge trimmer. I can fit two ARs (separated by a blanket) with up to 18" barrels (w/ collapsible stocks) and mounted optics:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of range bags... I wonder if anyone is or would be interested in possibly designing the layout of a bag or two? I may or may not very soon be in a position where I could get the things made and customized as we would like it. Sky's the limit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYI I should expand on that last comment so it's not so vague or cryptic. I got a new job so I will be moving overseas again. I will more than likely be in heavy contact with a lot of different manufacturers with textiles being just one segment that I will deal with, so I could probably get some stuff made pretty easily to any specs we want.