Thread: Range Gear

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Sneaky Bag SUB Medium Blue (1 of 13).jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  251.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll put this here because this is small enough that you could easily take it to the range, keep it in your car or leave it on the nightstand. Vaultek V10i

Name:  Vaultek V10i White (5 of 34).jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  658.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I'll put this here because this is small enough that you could easily take it to the range, keep it in your car or leave it on the nightstand. Vaultek V10i

I might just have to replace mine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

DM, I never question another mans choice of tools, but I just don't get the purpose of having one of these things, with the exception of folks with children in the house or guests. I keep everything in my gun safe except for two pistols in different areas of the house. If an intruder came in, and I was awaken, I personally would probably be so drowsy from a deep sleep, that I couldn't remember the combo, much less punch it in and get at my "night stand" gun, which I know exactly where it is.

Otherwise, I can't see it for theft protection, as you could just carry it away and beat it open elsewhere. I do know that some states require your weapon be locked, preferably in the trunk, while traveling, and can also see a use for it there. Otherwise, I just can't figure out a strategic use for one of these?

Maybe you can enlighten me, I may be missing something obviously simple, I've been guilty of that a time or two...

FT Edit: I failed to mention that I'm divorced, my children are adults living in other states and in the unlikely event someone came over with their kids, I could quickly throw everything in the safe. So I don't have to prepare for that contingency.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    DM, I never question another mans choice of tools, but I just don't get the purpose of having one of these things, with the exception of folks with children in the house or guests. I keep everything in my gun safe except for two pistols in different areas of the house. If an intruder came in, and I was awaken, I personally would probably be so drowsy from a deep sleep, that I couldn't remember the combo, much less punch it in and get at my "night stand" gun, which I know exactly where it is.

Otherwise, I can't see it for theft protection, as you could just carry it away and beat it open elsewhere. I do know that some states require your weapon be locked, preferably in the trunk, while traveling, and can also see a use for it there. Otherwise, I just can't figure out a strategic use for one of these?

Maybe you can enlighten me, I may be missing something obviously simple, I've been guilty of that a time or two...

FT
    Biggest reason is twin 5 year old boys and a near 12 year old daughter that has friends over. I don't keep things loaded in the house for that reason and this will allow me to keep it loaded on the nightstand.

It also has a finger print reader that I have been testing for several days now I have yet to have a time it didn't open in less than a second. I posted a video on Instagram you can see (you can look without an account). Also great when traveling since I can then have a secure place to put my pistol when the kids are in the room with me. That's a couple main reasons for me and I know Pyzik falls under this category as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 14 October 2017 at 15:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Biggest reason is twin 5 year old boys and a near 12 year old daughter that has friends over. I don't keep things loaded in the house for that reason and this will allow me to keep it loaded on the nightstand.

It also has a finger print reader that I have been testing for several days now I have yet to have a time it didn't open in less than a second. I posted a video on Instagram you can see (you can look without an account). Also great when traveling since I can then have a secure place to put my pistol when the kids are in the room with me. That's a couple main reasons for me and I know Pyzik falls under this category as well.

Got it. My kids are adults and live out of state, so in case they visit with the grand kids, I just toss mine in the safe until they leave. Travelling also. I had guessed those two reasons would be the reason to invest in one.

Thanks,

FT
    Also, when friends are dropping in, I lock my best Bourbon in the safe. Wouldn't fit in one of those small vaults.....
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Maxped bolt gun range bag. Just about anything I might need can fit in here.

FAK pocket on one side.

Tool pocket with PMCS, ear pro, lens kit, and a spare mag.

Small pocket with MilMaster, rifle data card, and some other data sheets/range cards and small shooting log.

Main pocket with veil removed.

Contents of main pocket. GPS, mini binocs, monocular, tool roll, tool pouch, LRF, Kestrel, extra Mags for the G19 and bolt gun.

Previously m24shooter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Sneaky Bags S.U.B & CRB Lite Limited Edition (20 of 35).jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  490.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Sneaky Bags S.U.B & CRB Lite Limited Edition (20 of 35).jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  490.9 KB
    Nice !

What size Sneaky Bag, and overall length of the pistol shown?
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

Protection by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Nice !

What size Sneaky Bag, and overall length of the pistol shown?
    The Bag is the CRB Lite Limited Edition. It measures 27" long and the pistol fits in it perfectly.

http://www.sneakybags.com/store/covert-rifle-bag

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  17E2E315-3F2B-4540-B692-028190F90DB1.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  1.20 MB

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice...I’ve been eyeing a better setup for the range, looking heavily at the ragnarok from trex arms , but still looking at belts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_4843.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  2.30 MB