Battle Latch Charging Handle-- Phase 5 Tactical-- $75.00
    Muzzle Brake-- Phase 5 Tactical-- $59.99
    14.5" LW Barrel Carbine Length-- BCM-- $239.00
    .625 Clamp Lo/Pro Gas Block-- BCM-- $45.00
    Carbine Length Gas Tube-- BCM-- $13.00
    Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24-- William's Gun Shop -- $498.00

Purchased 1555.42

Total $2,053.42

This is what my spreadsheet looks like. Started this at the beginning of the build. Still need to order the Optic but she is running with my SPARC right now. We took it out last night and put 100 rounds through it. I will let the wife give the range report.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 19 September 2013 at 05:23.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So after months of waiting and $1500 later, I finally got to hold and fire my baby last night. I am going to start from the beginning and then end with my final range report. This build all started because I did not like the heaviness or feel of Jason's AR. I wanted something easier to use and lighter. So Jason set out looking for parts to do just that! He researched for weeks finding all of the parts he had gotten recommendations on and found on his own. He had the spreadsheet ready to go, and then we went on our honeymoon and dropped by Phase5 Tactical to pick up a part for his AR. From the moment I walked in and shook Kyle's hand I knew the build was about to change. I noticed a rail and break on his desk and asked if I could hold them, he told me all about them and I fell in love! So when we got back to Michigan and started the build I told Jason I wanted to purchase the parts I had seen instead of the ones he had picked, with no hesitation he said yes! From there we switched out my BCG, Charging Handle, Break, Rail and Sling Plate. The customer service and patience that Phase5 had with me was amazing to say the least. I was even able to get a rail that will never be released to the public because I had to have the one that I touched when I was there. I highly recommend them to anyone looking at getting any of the parts I just listed, or a bad ass pistol! I also got the pleasure of working with Roger at Battle Arms and he is a rockstar as well. He was quick to answer me when the wrong safety selector showed up. He was going to overnight the correct part. I have not met one person/vendor through this build that I would not use again. So with that being said now on to the range report.

As soon as we got to the range last night I had to let Jason take the first shot, he did build it after all. I sat patiently waiting for my turn. The charging handle from Phase5 is the easiest one I have ever pulled back, it is light, easy and very quick to pull. The safety selector is the smoothest I have ever used. I found that the EBRv2 is the most amazing invention for the AR, if you don't have one, you need to get one, call Kyle at Phase5 you won’t be sorry! The muzzle break is mean looking and loud as hell, but I love it. You can feel it in your chest when you are standing behind the shooter, it is so flipping cool. There is ZERO pull on this rifle when you shoot, it has a minor push back but that is it! I am small and my collarbone sticks out like crazy, but the Magupul stock fits perfectly, I take it off and throw it on Jason's when we take his rifle I love it that much. I put the Hogue grip on because I like the modeled grips better than the flat ones, it fits like a glove. We were going to purchase a fancy trigger for it, but the trigger that we got with the lower parts kit from Phase5 is so very very smooth, I kept it and am glad I did. The Umbrella Corp receiver set was bought because Jason knows I love Resident Evil. But it is beautiful and perfect. The whole rifle just works smooth. There are three parts left and she will be smoking hot, I still need my optic (Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24), the sling, which of course will come from Phase5 (I just got so excited about the rail I forgot to have Kyle send it) and the WML from InForce.

There may be minor imperfections, but no one is perfect, she is perfectly flawed just like me and I love it. I would not and will not change a thing on this rifle. I am blessed to have such and amazing husband that did not get frustrated after I changed up the build he spent countless hours researching. I am really happy that I got to look at ll of your comments on here and see what everyone had to say about the parts we have put on here. I am also blessed to have made friends along the way. Thank you all so very much for your help and if you haven't called Phase 5 yet....What the hell are you waiting for

PS- This is my first time doing a range report so go easy on me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What no pics ........

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    What no pics ........
    Crap I don't know how you're lucky I was able to do the report 😉

Downloads
    Uploads
    Umbrella Corp HUUCR FDE Receiver Set, Hogue Grip, Phase 5 Tactical Trigger Guard & EBRv2, Battle Arms Development Ambi-Safety Selector

Phase 5 Tactical Muzzle Brake, BCM CHF 14.5" LW Profile Carbine Length Barrel, BCM Low Profile Gas Block, Phase 5 Tactical 13.5" Rail

Taking a Nap

Phase 5 Tactical BCG, P5T Ejection Port Cover

P5T 13.5" Rail, Thorntail 45 degree offset WML mount ( light is on the list to order )

Close up of Thorntail

BAD-ASS, P5T Ambi Battle Latch charging handle

P5T Revo Sling Plate

MagPul CTR Stock with Extended Butt Pad

Ambi Battle Latch
    Last edited by akersc; 19 September 2013 at 15:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pictures reminded me to go punch that trigger guard pin all the way in.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by akersc View Post
    So after months of waiting and $1500 later, I finally got to hold and fire my baby last night. . . There may be minor imperfections, but no one is perfect, she is perfectly flawed just like me and I love it. I would not and will not change a thing on this rifle. I am blessed to have such and amazing husband that did not get frustrated after I changed up the build he spent countless hours researching. I am really happy that I got to look at ll of your comments on here and see what everyone had to say about the parts we have put on here. I am also blessed to have made friends along the way. Thank you all so very much for your help and if you haven't called Phase 5 yet....What the hell are you waiting for

PS- This is my first time doing a range report so go easy on me.
    After reading your range report, I think that both you and your husband are very lucky to have each other. Have fun shooting together and keep us all posted down the line with the rifle, it looks great. Additionally, if your rifle was perfect, you might be scared to shoot it lest you cause any scratches or dings.
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard Feynman

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    After reading your range report, I think that both you and your husband are very lucky to have each other. Have fun shooting together and keep us all posted down the line with the rifle, it looks great. Additionally, if your rifle was perfect, you might be scared to shoot it lest you cause any scratches or dings.
    She already has dings, she's perfectly imperfect. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice pix for not knowing how Thanks for the post - interesting read.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Haha I had the hubby do it :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I took the pics and uploaded then to my blog site showed her how to link them in a post.

My experience with this platform is limited to the M203 I carried while in the service and the S&W M&P 15 I got earlier this year. This build has been fun and educational for both of us.

Now with that said I will say I want to steal the trigger out of the wife's weapon as it is way smoother than mine, very little draw, crisp break and a short reset. The ambi battle latch works but me being a RH'r everything works. The EBRv2 is smooth. Can work the bolt catch from fire control easily and still work it with the support hand like normal. For mag changes I still have muscle memory to just pivot up and press the bolt release.
    The rail feels really small in my hand and with that said I can see why my wife likes it. It fits her perfectly. The brake is the first time using something other than the standard flash hider. Standing unsupported the weapon stays flat for me.
    We put about 100 rounds through it the other night. It ran smooth except near the end had some FTE. Got home the BCG was caked with grease and the extractor was gummed up. Soaked them in cleaner gave them a good scrubbing and a light application of clp. Next weekend plan on running it again to make sure she is good to go.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When are you starting the next build?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    When are you starting the next build?
    Next build starts in late January early February

Just a quick update on this build. When we first took it to the range we had some FTE and Failure to Lock to the rear. Brought it home inspected everything and cleaned the mess out of it. Back to the range, I am confident that the thorough cleaning solved the FTE issue as the bolt had a lot of cosmoline caked in it. Was still getting the failure to lock to the rear issue. So it was either a gas issue or I made a mistake and got to heavy of a buffer. Swapped the buffer out from a heavy to a standard and had no issues from the rifle.

The wife is extremely happy and punching out the center @ 50 yards with the vortex sparc. Still waiting to get the viper pst 1-4. Will update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.