Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCWRG Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleBravo View Post
    He said he didn't mind if I posted in his thread so....
    Is that a vortex sparc? The wife suprisingly picked the vortex viper pst 1-4x24 as her optic of choice. And as promised....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That optic is a Trijicon SRS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    That optic is a Trijicon SRS
    Thanks. And I wish I had Trijicon $$ haha I build on a budget

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Thanks. And I wish I had Trijicon $$ haha I build on a budget

This is your wife's gun isn't it? There is no budget! .... especially now your wife is a member.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a budget, I want more guns!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that a vortex sparc? The wife suprisingly picked the vortex viper pst 1-4x24 as her optic of choice. And as promised....

If you're talking about my build, it's sporting a Trijicon SRS. I just put a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 on another build of mine. I'll be interested to hear how your wife likes the optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleBravo View Post
    If you're talking about my build, it's sporting a Trijicon SRS. I just put a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 on another build of mine. I'll be interested to hear how your wife likes the optic.
    How do you like it? I have just looked through it really quick at the store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Project is going to kinda slow down here as we put the $$ together to get the last of the items from Phase 5.

I have a question though for you all that have more experience. Carbine length vs Mid length gas systems? My understanding is that the carbine length was made for the 14.5" barrel and the mid length came out for the 16"+ barrel. Now we can skip all the details about the rails as that doesn't matter because we are going with a low profile gas block an there will be no FSB. From what I read the mid length gas system will offer a slightly smoother recoil? But I think I would need to worry about proper cycling of rounds with a lower powered ammo. I mainly run PMC XTAC ammo. We will also be running a brake on this as well don't know if that comes into play. Any feedback on this is very appreciated.

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Project is going to kinda slow down here as we put the $$ together to get the last of the items from Phase 5.

I have a question though for you all that have more experience. Carbine length vs Mid length gas systems? My understanding is that the carbine length was made for the 14.5" barrel and the mid length came out for the 16"+ barrel. Now we can skip all the details about the rails as that doesn't matter because we are going with a low profile gas block an there will be no FSB. From what I read the mid length gas system will offer a slightly smoother recoil? But I think I would need to worry about proper cycling of rounds with a lower powered ammo. I mainly run PMC XTAC ammo. We will also be running a brake on this as well don't know if that comes into play. Any feedback on this is very appreciated.

I am by no means as educated on the intricacies of gas systems as some here, but anecdotally, I've run several makes of mid-length guns (Noveske, Spikes...which was a 14.5), as well as intermediate length (Noveske, KAC....and yeah, I know they're not exactly the same, but they're both longer than middy) all with PMC XTAC and I've had zero issues. That's probably out of AT LEAST ~2000-2500 rounds of PMC. If you're interested in a middy, I wouldn't sweat the PMC working in it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I recall when BCM first came out with their 14.5 Middy, everyone was raving what a smooth shooter it was. I have 3 14.5 BCM Middy's as well as probably 10 other middy's. I don't find that they shoot any softer than comparable carbine gas systems in 14.5 or 16. I think the entire Middy gas system has been over blown as far as how much "softer" it shoots or recoils. Maybe it's just me, but I find nothing wrong with carbine gas systems. After all the Colt 6920, which in my mind is still the standard for M4 patterned rifles is a carbine gas system, and is one of the more reliable guns out there.

Either way as long as you go with a reputable manufacturer, you will likely be satisfied. Personal experience has taught me that certain middy's need to be tuned to run 100%.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Upper parts kit from PSA came in the mail yesterday. The ejection port cover is from Phase 5 Tactical. Picked up the upper parts kits from PSA for the sale price of $29.99 great deal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unrelated to this, I ordered a Phase 5 pistol receiver extension kit. All because of how you raved about their customer service Computalotapus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Unrelated to this, I ordered a Phase 5 pistol receiver extension kit. All because of how you raved about their customer service Computalotapus.
    They do offer discounts to LEO and Military

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They do offer discounts to LEO and Military

Oh I made sure to get my 10% off :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    So was ordering the BAD-ASS today while sitting at work.. boss came up behind me while I was ordering it.. He said "Oh order me one while you are there I will get you cash for it now". So I just tossed in the extra lever and barrel. Wife is placing an order with Kyle over at P5T for the BCG, ABL Charging Handle, Brake, and their Revo Sling plate. On the 15th the DD 14.5" LW carbine barrel w/ low pro gas block and gas tube will be ordered. The hold on after that will be waiting for P5T to finish up the 13.5" rail, they will cerakote the rail and the trigger guard in FDE for us along with a little customization that has been requested. So more assembly pictures soon

After this build I think I am going to invest money on a nice camera