Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Parallax Tactical FFSSR Rail

The new Parallax Tactical FFSSR Rails have been out for a bit, but I thought I would post them here as they are a nice functional rail. These rails remind me a bit of the KAC URX 3.1 rails. They feature a full length top rail with shorter rail sections at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions at the front and rear. It also features QD sling swivel sockets on the front and rear of each side.

It doesn't appear that Parallax Tactical has a website, just a presence on Facebook. You'll have to visit our friends at AIM Surplus and Weapon Outfitters to order them.

SPECIFICATIONS

• 6061-T6 Aluminum Extrusion
    • Four limited rotation QD Mounts front and rear. (2) Rear single picatinny rail mounts for sling hook type mounts (MagPul RSA)
    • Sleeve-style barrel nut with 1-1/8" flats
    • Mounts using 4 standard, 2 low-head hex screws Mounting holes every 22.5°
    • Includes shims for proper alignment
    • Cutout sections compatible with all MagPul accessories, including rail sections
    • Patent Pending

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It doesn't appear that Parallax Tactical has a website, just a presence on Facebook. You'll have to visit our friends at AIM Surplus and Weapon Outfitters to order them.
    They're a local shop here in San Diego. http://www.parallaxtactical.com/ They used to have an actual web store online, along with their storefront. I've always had good service in there when I've walked in, though not everything was the best price. I have a few other small niggles about place, but at the end of the day, if I need a part and don't/can't order it online, I'll go there.

After the "Panic" started, they shut down their store portion of their website because they couldn't keep up with inventory. They also never really answered their phones and it took a week or more to get an email response, so I think that pissed some people off. But if you went in the store, they were still operating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    gatordev,

I saw that, but didn't post it, because there was no information there. I figured people would get more information from their Facebook site as well as their distributors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, my intent was to just give the background on why the website wasn't there, but communicated it poorly. By the way, I thought Facebook was just a place to look up old girlfriends and see if they were fat or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too! That looks strikingly like a Geissele MK4 with a few minor changes, strange. In fact it's just very slightly different, I have the Geissele, and it is an awesome rail system which is incredibly light. I know nothing of the one above except its almost the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GFO127 View Post
    Me too! That looks strikingly like a Geissele MK4 with a few minor changes, strange. In fact it's just very slightly different, I have the Geissele, and it is an awesome rail system which is incredibly light. I know nothing of the one above except its almost the same.
    Having owned both rails, I think the Parallax reminds me more of the URX 3.1 than the Geissele Rail. I like how slim the Parallax rail is though, feels perfect for me while shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good. I may have to get one for my next build then. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Having owned both rails, I think the Parallax reminds me more of the URX 3.1 than the Geissele Rail. I like how slim the Parallax rail is though, feels perfect for me while shooting.
    Very true UWone77. Got one in 11.5. Its very light and very well made.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker medic View Post
    Very true UWone77. Got one in 11.5. Its very light and very well made.
    The more I use this rail, the more I like it. Great balance, weight, and slim profile.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got the burnt bronze cerakote upper by Parallax tactical from Weapon Outfitters. It's gorgeous. Now if only I can find a FFSSR of matching color...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiska_Bob View Post
    I just got the burnt bronze cerakote upper by Parallax tactical from Weapon Outfitters. It's gorgeous. Now if only I can find a FFSSR of matching color...
    Just get it Cerakoted to match.

Downloads
    Uploads
    15" FFSSR Rail on a 16" Rainier Select Barrel

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe i missed it, but what do these weigh?